Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riding 2 up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riding 2 up

So now that I've had the bike a few weeks, I'm sure that the wife will be wanting to start taking rides with me.
    What are some general tips on riding with a passenger?

Re: Riding 2 up

Move as a single unit, she needs to lean with you not against you. My wife puts her hand on my shoulder to gauge how much I'm leaning. Also, keep her active; use her as a second pair of eyes and ears.
    Always Believe,
    Marc VanderPal

President - Rock River Valley Vulcan Riders

Email - marcvanderpal@charter.net

Comment

Get a system down from when she is clear to mount all the way until she dismounts. Make sure to give her clues to what you need or expect and stick to them.
      GL and enjoy

Comment

Bike will handle differently due to added weight...ESPECIALLY at lower speeds (parking lot).

Allow more time needed to stop.

Plant feet firmly at stops....passenger tend to wiggle a bit.

Account for breaks....passengers need breaks too
        Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
        Bullock
        Former VRA USA National President
        Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
        Crestview, Florida
        2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
        (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

Can you be more specific? What type of clues should I be giving to her?

Comment

When I first started riding 2 up, I asked a few folks as well. One of the best things I was told was have them look over the shoulder where you are turning. So if you turn right she should look over your right shoulder. This then has them ready to move that way as well. It has worked well for me. Also tell her not to lean the other way. If you start to turn she can no go the opposite direction.

Hope this helps!
            Patrick "Hotwheels" Sharon
            President Columbus Vulcan Riders Chapter 1-32
            Columbus, Oh
            National President 2020
            National Vice President 2019
            National Treasurer 2013 - 2015
            VROC Member # 34133
            2014 Vulcan Voyager
            2021 CanAm Spyder F3-Limited

2020 CanAm Spyder F3-Limited
            2009 Vulcan Voyager - Gone
            2002 1500 Mean Streak - Gone
            2007 Vulcan VN2000 Classic LT
            -Gone
            2007 Vulcan VN900 Classic LT - Gone

Columbus Vulcan Riders 1-32 FaceBook group

Comment

Beware of the trended "back breaks" ...lol. The first season my wife got back into riding with me all I could feel were her hands pushing on my back every time we went into turns, etc. as if that would motivate me to slow the f*ck down. Now she just sits back and enjoys the ride and acts as my navigator
              Greg *Ghost Rider* Navoy

Comment

Thanks Voyager, good tip

Comment

I had my wife take the riders course with me, helps them to have an understanding of the bike and what to expect and it didn't cost anything bc she had no interest in getting the license so the instructor didn't charge for her
                  2006 MeanStreak SE

Comment

http://msf-usa.org/downloads/Passenger_Tip_Sheet.pdf

http://www.motorcycle.com/rider-safe...ger-88364.html

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/ho...nger-8282.html
                    '18 Road Glide Special, '18 Moto Guzzi V7III Carbon, '75 KT250 Trials.

Comment

From a sport bike forum:

Rules for female passengers.......

1. If you have no bike but just happen to have your own helmet in your car we know your playing us for a ride

2. If your going to go for a ride go with the nicest bike he's the one who is least likely to crash and kill you. If he has a nice bike he's probably been ridding a while. If you go with a tool who has a 86 ninja 250 we are all going to laugh at you. Plus use your head if his bike looks broke then so is he DUHHH!

3. If the bike is a "Stunt bike" or rashed up all over reconsider there is a reason its rashed up
                      4. If you're FAT! Save yourself some embarrassment and save us the aggravation of trying to tell you no with out saying cuz "YOU'RE FAT BITCH!!!! We can only be sooo nice. Use your head.

5. If your friend is ugly or FAT (See rule 4) it is not my responsibility to get someone to take her.

6. If you have on a skirt then YES!!! We have to go first. No one else knows how to get where we are going(Right guys?)
                      7. Showing your nice tits will get you selected first for a bike ride.

8. STOP!!!!! ****ing bashing your Pep-Boys helmet into the back of my $600 custom helmet..thank you!
                      9. Move back and stick your ass out, your squishing my nuts.

10. Stop scratching my tank with your fake J-Lo ring set.

11. Yes it is too possible to jerk me off while I'm riding my bike, rubbing gently works too... (Note: This will also ensure you another bike ride anytime).

12. It is customary to pay for motorcycle rides with oral sex. (NOTE: If your skills aren't up to par it is definitely ok to have a girlfriend of yours assist you. Team work is what it's all about.

13. We know when a girl likes the bike and not us. If every time we call it's always the same SHIT can we go on the bike. NO!!!!.... It's fugging March bitch.
                      14. Don't lean, this bike has one driver and it's me. So sit there and relax.

15. No you're not going to "GO FLYING RIGHT OFF" (Unless you piss me off then it's a possibility.)
                      16. Yes I'm going to go fast... stop being a *****.

17. Yes I just adjusted my mirrors to see your tits.

18. When we stop at a gas station, you are not guarenteed a return trip. Know your role and maybe you get dropped off close to where you were found.

Comment

How to be a safe passenger. Article directly for the passenger.

http://www.helium.com/items/309018-h...ycle-passenger

Comment

Great links all. Thanks! My niece has been pestering me all winter to take her out on the bike. She's 15 now and never ridden. I've ridden for decades and the gals I've given rides to are experienced pillions. It's nice to have some links I can e-mail her to get her thinking about gear and bike safety. Now, if spring would only get here! Aargh!
                          VROC Member 34585

Comment

Originally posted by twowheeladdict View Post
                            14. Don't lean, this bike has one driver and it's me. So sit there and relax.

...but the passenger is suppose to lean with you.

Comment

The basics are magnified with a passenger...
                              Stop straight because the extra weight will make the bike feel heavier and will lean more and be harder to get back in control of!!
                              Adjust your load tension for the extra weight and also add air accordingly to the tires

Comment

Working...
                              X