Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Novelty Helmets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Novelty Helmets

I'm glad I don't live where it gets so hot that I wouldn't wear my gear.
    I feel naked with my good quality half helmet.
    Luckily my worst accidents were when it was cold out.

JJ

Comment

everyone gotta live within their capacity and abilities...MITT...

Comment

I knew a guy once who wore one and was in accident. He was military and they wouldn't pay his life insurance to the family because they said the helmet didn't fit regulations. It was pretty bad, I felt bad for the family, but I'm really glad he didn't have kids. The military will basically rule the death as a suicide because you knew the risks and took the safety course.

Comment

That is harsh !

JJ

Comment

Originally posted by Dukee View Post
            I knew a guy once who wore one and was in accident. He was military and they wouldn't pay his life insurance to the family because they said the helmet didn't fit regulations. It was pretty bad, I felt bad for the family, but I'm really glad he didn't have kids. The military will basically rule the death as a suicide because you knew the risks and took the safety course.
            Anything to keep from paying what is due. The same scumbags would probably want to rule a heart attack suicide because the soldier ate a hotdog.

All about treating welfare folks better than our military...

Comment

Originally posted by Dukee View Post
              The only regulations are that the helmet is DOT certified, the rider wears conspicuous-contrasting colors during the day, reflective material at night, and, depending on the service, take a training course periodically. For the Army, it's currently every three years. For the Air Force, it's once. SGLI follows those regulations on determining payout. Other factors can be involved, such as drinking, speed, etc. Hopefully the familiy involved got a lawyer.
              James "Bierkan" Vierkant 1-0-454A-1500D
              08 1600-D8FA Ocean Blue & Neutron Silver Nomad, aka "Perry"
              96D1/G1A/J1/A?/E2/E6/?/L2/G2/P1/FLT/FXD Vulcan Wide-Track Super-Sport Classic, aka "Ghost" (gone)
              72CB750K2 Honda SOHC CB750 Chobber "Imp"
              07 AN650A Naked Burgman "Burgie Project"

Comment

Working...
              X