Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I pull a trailer for travel and camping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I pull a trailer for travel and camping

Sometimes I pull a trailer when I travel. I use it to go camping and fishing. Do any of you folks? I just pulled mine from southern Kalifornia the northern Washington. Took lots of gear.

Re: I pull a trailer for travel and camping

Yes. I pull a trailer behind my RV with my bike in it.
    Oh wait.......that's not quite what you meant, I guess.

Comment

I have a trailer that I pull behind my Vaquero on long trips. Can't even tell that it's there.
      sigpic
      Dave Ward
      President
      South Central WI VRA 1-49
      Dave.Ward.VulcanRiders@gmail.com

Comment

Like Dave I have one that I pull on long trips just not a camper. I have used it on several rallys and the 1700's just pull it like there is no tomorrow. I got the Ivan remap done on my ECU and it did even better going up to visit Dave at the rally this year.
        Patrick "Hotwheels" Sharon
        President Columbus Vulcan Riders Chapter 1-32
        Columbus, Oh
        National President 2020
        National Vice President 2019
        National Treasurer 2013 - 2015
        VROC Member # 34133
        2014 Vulcan Voyager
        2021 CanAm Spyder F3-Limited

2020 CanAm Spyder F3-Limited
        2009 Vulcan Voyager - Gone
        2002 1500 Mean Streak - Gone
        2007 Vulcan VN2000 Classic LT
        -Gone
        2007 Vulcan VN900 Classic LT - Gone

Columbus Vulcan Riders 1-32 FaceBook group

Comment

Welcome to the VRA!! Aside from those who post on your question there are I think 4 in my local chapter that all have trailers.
          Randy - aka racinfan101
          Central IL Chapter 1-39 President
          2024/25 National President

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cent...?ref=bookmarks
          2002 Vulcan Drifter 800, 2010 Vulcan Nomad 1700, 2020 Kawasaki W800. Gone but not forgotten...2008 Vulcan Mean Streak, 2002 Vulcan Drifter 1500.

Comment

I have a Harbor Freight Tag-a-long trailer that I pulled behind a Honda Sabre 1100 on a cross country trip. I haven't pulled it with the Voyager, yet, but if an 1100 can handle it, I know a VN1700 can.

Comment

I have pulled an Aspen camper behind my Voyager out to California and up and dow the East coast no problem.
              Dan Hermans
              Vulcan 1700 Voyager Trike

VROC 23134

Comment

Welcome from Kansas City. I also have the HF tag along. Pull it with my 09 nomad. Been from KC to Dallas to Pennsylvania and many shorter trips. There are 4 other members of the KC chapter pull trailers.

Comment

I don't have a trailer, but have been giving it some thought. I'll probably get a harbor freight tag along at some point. But then again, I might not.
                  Always Believe,
                  Marc VanderPal

President - Rock River Valley Vulcan Riders

Email - marcvanderpal@charter.net

Comment

I pull a 1998 Escapade (weight 150 lbs) plus cargo (total weight from 200 to 300 lbs) plus my wife. We are two up on the bike. It does very well.

Comment

I do too. Pulled mine in a 2 hour downpour. It pulled fine and kept my camping gear dry.
                      sigpic

Comment

Not Any More

I used to pull a big trailer until I had a bad accident with it.
                        You boys will find out that in a panic situation you will not be able to make the bike turn or stop quickly enough to avoid an accident.
                        Odds are,I suppose that you won't have an accident though.
                        Most folks just take their chances thinking that "it won't happen to me".

On the maintenance side the added weight and wind resistance will wear out brakes,clutch,bearings,shocks, and other components like swingarm & front end bearings. Your gas mileage will go down especially on hilly stretches and if you go 80mph on the slab.

I know that's a buzz kill. Sorry.
                        It's the american way to bring all the comforts of home with you.
                        Americans are not concerned with what they need,only with what they want.
                        They had to create the Gold Wing and the Ultra Harleys for Americans.
                        We ALWAYS want the biggest and the best.

JJ

Comment

I also pull a HF Tag-a-long. For anyone getting one of these HF trailers I recommend repacking the wheel bearings with a quality grease and replacing the taillights with LED ones. Also get a spare tire' I have towed mine from NY to Arkansas and back and from NY to Wisconsin and back with no issues. I ran the interstates at 75+ mph and the tires and hubs barely got warm.
                          Albie Salsburg (1700 Rider)
                          2009 Vulcan Voyager
                          V&H Slipons
                          Thunder MFG Air Kit
                          "Ivan's Re-Flash"

Comment

Originally posted by 1700 Rider View Post
                            I also pull a HF Tag-a-long. For anyone getting one of these HF trailers I recommend repacking the wheel bearings with a quality grease and replacing the taillights with LED ones. Also get a spare tire' I have towed mine from NY to Arkansas and back and from NY to Wisconsin and back with no issues. I ran the interstates at 75+ mph and the tires and hubs barely got warm.
                            +1 on that! I did both before I ever hooked it to the bike. The so called grease that they put in there was more like a soft wax, and there was precious little of it. The LED kit is cheap and easy to install.

Comment

O'l Trigger 2010 Voyager and I pull a cargo mate trailer and loaded. I mean LOADED. No problems at all don't even know its there except when slowing down or stopping. You will notice longer braking. I have also pulled with two up. The wife and ALL her stuff in the trailer, half the house....lol I'm not a small man either. You will not have any problems unless its a 24' full size camper and then you may not be able to use 6th gear.....lol
                              You only live once, so live life like a kid always
                              www.facebook.com/groups/missouribootheelvra/
                              https://www.facebook.com/tom.taylor....ref=ts&fref=ts
                              http://missouribootheel1-58.weebly.com

Comment

Working...
                              X