Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 Tips for Riding in the Rain - Especially if you are newer to riding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marcvanderpal
    replied
    Good article, with some good pointers; some were just common sense. I've had my Vulcan for 10 years now, and I've been caught in the rain every year (typically, multiple times). The only slipping issue I've ever experienced was when I came to a stop, my foot landed on the white line, and it slipped out from under me. Luckily, I was able to catch myself before dropping it completely. Oh, and when I was riding across the Mackinaw bridge in the U.P. of Michigan. Steel grating on a misty day can get quite slick. I have no rain gear, except for my leather jacket, chaps and boots (which has been treated).
    Ride safe out there

Leave a comment:

• LuckyB
    replied
    Some good to know tips, whether you're veteran road warrior or just starting out with your motorcycle journey. Thanks. I'm going to pass this on every chance I can.

Leave a comment:

• Tommasaki
    replied
    This is how our President Mark Ballew got his road name....SLIDER. He slid and laid over his bike. Thankful at very low low speed....hum maybe change his name to RACER....LOL

Leave a comment:

• Tommasaki
    replied
    YES ....Great info here and not only the manhole covers. Like Bob said the painted lines also, last year O'l Trigger butt end slid on a painted line and I am very thankful I was able to control it. Randy it rains on us each time going or coming back from a Rally. So everyone needs to read this.

Leave a comment:

• Jesse
    replied
    Great article Randy, thanks for sharing.

Leave a comment:

• Racinfan101
    replied
    Originally posted by Ghost Rider View Post
    <------- my "like" button
    Double like!!

Leave a comment:

• Ghost Rider
    replied
    <------- my "like" button

Leave a comment:

• Ice Cube
    replied
    Paint stripe caused my last rain crash...40yrs ago. Haven't liked the rain since, but ran through 7hrs of storms coming home from the 2017 rally.

Leave a comment:

• Voyager_PWS
    replied
    Since I don't have a like button...

All good info!

Leave a comment:

• 5 Tips for Riding in the Rain - Especially if you are newer to riding

Good article on Motorcycle.com - with some good basic info on riding in the rain. I can tell you they are 100% right on manhole covers. Had a situation last year where a sudden rainstorm, poor visibility and unseen manhole cover bit one of my chapter mates in the behind.

http://www.motorcycle.com/safety/new...le.com20180323
Working...
X