Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCW while riding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use a belly band most of the time.I also keep one in the bag as well. or the belly band I ordered one form https://comforttac.com/ only thing I dislike about it is Only one gun and one spare mag. other than that it is comfortable all day. Forget I have it on.

Comment

Thanks for the INFO and link...will have to check them out.
      You only live once, so live life like a kid always
      www.facebook.com/groups/missouribootheelvra/
      https://www.facebook.com/tom.taylor....ref=ts&fref=ts
      http://missouribootheel1-58.weebly.com

Comment

I carry a semi auto in a shoulder rig, usually also have a small revolver in my tank bag

Comment

As someone else said, muscle memory is a factor. I rode many miles with semi-auto in owb (leather) with a snap.

Comment

I carry a mtn lite 44 spec inside riding jacket. Probably eventually ruin the pocket but the belly band sounds doable. And as for throttle control learn ambidex shooting. As a MA practicioner we try'd to learn balance in blocks, punch's, jujutsu with either hand. It helped... Ride Safe All

Comment

I carry a S&W shield .40 in an inside the waistband kydex holster. I've never had an issue with it and the vest keeps it concealed.

Just make sure whatever holster you use has very good retention. I used to have a leather holster, But I didn't trust it with lots of vibration and jostling and the thought of dropping it on the highway made me ditch that one quickly. I found the gun pocket in the vest retained well, but was harder to access and didn't hold the weapon at a good angle for a smooth draw.

Comment

Your results may vary. A shoulder / under arm holster. I am right handed, but I carry under right arm and can shoot with my left hand. A laser mounted on semi makes this accurate and possible. MANTIS -X will get you in sync and keep you proficient in these methods without having to clean the weapon. But of course, you should 'live shoot' periodically for familiarization. I will also add, USCCA is a good start for getting familiar with the laws of CCW and reciprocity.
                President Chapter 1-4
                Phoenix Valley Vulcan Riders
                svdawntreader@gmail.com
                (360) 451-3072
                2003 Vulcan Drifter 1500
                2016 Vulcan Vaquero

Comment

Originally posted by Mtn Rider View Post
                  I do not carry on my person while riding. There are a couple of reasons for this, 1) It is never comfortable. 2) If you are right handed (& most are), how are you going to control the throttle & a hand gun at the same time. 3) I do not intend to ride down the road on a bike shooting at someone.
                  I have found the best method for me is to keep the fire arm in my tour pak, or saddle bag, either of which will allow me access very quickly if needed, after I have stopped and dismounted.

this post right here - nail on the head. When you are stopped you can reholster ….
                  Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
                  Bullock
                  Former VRA USA National President
                  Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
                  Crestview, Florida
                  2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
                  (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

I settled on strong side front pocket carry of an LCP 380. I have never cared for waist or vest carry. My hoster is a simple sleve like this one from Amazon. This setup is virtually invisable even in my dress pants that I wear to work daily!
                    https://www.amazon.com/Ruger-Pocket-...%3D%3D&sr=8-15

I also carry a spare mag in my other front pocket. I have worn out many nylon sheath's until I came across this Ammo Armor, they also sell them on Amazon
                    https://ammo-armor.com/
                    Brian Bazen
                    President 1-19 NW Ohio
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/279533638778748/

Comment

All, I ended up carrying a Glock 43 in an IWB holster and mag pouch for most of my Lower 48 State tour. In those states that did not recognize my VA permit, I stored the pistol in one of my locked hard cases in a locked pistol case unloaded. Fortunately, most of the states I visited did recognize my permit.

One warning I will impart is to bee aware of all the Indian Reservations that you will ride through if you do a trip similar to mine. Most of them are not so clearly marked and their Tribal Laws may make it illegal to even have a firearm in your vehicle even if you are just transitioning through. I was fortunate that I was riding within the posted speed limits so I never gave any LEO a reason to pull me over.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosDJackal View Post
                        All, I ended up carrying a Glock 43 in an IWB holster and mag pouch for most of my Lower 48 State tour. In those states that did not recognize my VA permit, I stored the pistol in one of my locked hard cases in a locked pistol case unloaded. Fortunately, most of the states I visited did recognize my permit.

One warning I will impart is to bee aware of all the Indian Reservations that you will ride through if you do a trip similar to mine. Most of them are not so clearly marked and their Tribal Laws may make it illegal to even have a firearm in your vehicle even if you are just transitioning through. I was fortunate that I was riding within the posted speed limits so I never gave any LEO a reason to pull me over.
                        Knowing the various laws and statues is all part of the game. Back in 2010 the law was changed to allow carrying a firearm in National Parks, but here is the catch, you can't carry in any of the buildings - visitor center, toll collection station, museum, etc.
                        Greg *Ghost Rider* Navoy

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost Rider View Post

Knowing the various laws and statues is all part of the game. Back in 2010 the law was changed to allow carrying a firearm in National Parks, but here is the catch, you can't carry in any of the buildings - visitor center, toll collection station, museum, etc.
                          I get that. Although, what you are referring to has absolutely nothing to do with what I posted. Plus, you missed thee most important facility: Restrooms. FYI, this asinine rule even applies to the most remote locations.

However, each Reservation can have their own Tribal Laws and variations. So even though most public roads fall under the "Peaceable Journey" law that supposedly covers all public roads across the US - except in Reservations? I challenge you to post where people can locate these individual Tribal Laws and the physical "borders" these laws start and end?

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosDJackal View Post

I get that. Although, what you are referring to has absolutely nothing to do with what I posted. Plus, you missed thee most important facility: Restrooms. FYI, this asinine rule even applies to the most remote locations.

However, each Reservation can have their own Tribal Laws and variations. So even though most public roads fall under the "Peaceable Journey" law that supposedly covers all public roads across the US - except in Reservations? I challenge you to post where people can locate these individual Tribal Laws and the physical "borders" these laws start and end?
                            These might be of some help maybe? https://narf.org/nill/triballaw/index.html

​​​​​​https://www.census.gov/geographies/r...bal-tract.html
                            Greg *Ghost Rider* Navoy

Comment

Working...
                            X