Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Motorcycle Safety Foundation

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcycle Safety Foundation

Many reasons to take the motorcycle Safety Foundations rider courses...main reason is because it make you a better rider.

Heres the link to their site: http://www.msf-usa.org/

I see they are now offering a "Street rider Course 1", what an awesome way to learn
    Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
    Bullock
    Former VRA USA National President
    Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
    Crestview, Florida
    2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
    (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Re: Motorcycle Safety Foundation

And you get to add to your card collection. I found this the other day at the bottom of the fire safe. It was a requirement to ride in Michigan, where I found myself a few weeks after high school and owning a new-to-me Honda Rebel 250. Learned a lot that is still used today wheather on two wheels or four.
    Attached Files

Comment

Signed up for a MSF course today. Figured after more that 20 years since riding thought it might be good idea.

Comment

Excellent idea....always good to hone your skills
        Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
        Bullock
        Former VRA USA National President
        Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
        Crestview, Florida
        2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
        (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

I took a 2 day course at our local college. All my previous riding was on dirt and trail bikes. It was very informative and makes you realize how many little things you never considered on a street bike.
          sigpic
          Member of VRA Canada
          Member of CMC 075 Huron
          http://vracanada.prophpbb.com/
          http://ride.canadianmotorcyclecruisers.ca/

Comment

Plus, you can get a discount on insurance with some insurance complanies. I was taking the advanced course every three years to get a discount on my insurance, but now it is harder to find the course in my area since the base no longer requires it.

Also, if you are a member of ROK (Riders of Kawasaki) you can get a $50 gift card to use at your dealer when you show them your recent MSF card.
            '18 Road Glide Special, '18 Moto Guzzi V7III Carbon, '75 KT250 Trials.

Comment

YES! I am a MSF RiderCoach. Most riders think that daily riding on the street is practice. It is not. You need to constantly practice in a controlled environment and hone your riding skills.

Options are:
              - Basic Rider Course (BRC): 2-day class in the fundamentals that is designed for new riders. This can result in a MC endorsement depending on your state.
              - BRC 2: 1 day back to the basics. You bring your own bike and practice the fundamentals.
              - Advanced Rider Course (ARC). 1 day course that promotes safe, performance street riding (for all types of bikes).

Don't be afraid to mentor other riders. Let's keep our community safe!

Cheers, Jim
              sigpic

Cheers, Jim Davis
              Virginia Beach, VA

Comment

Working...
              X