Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sandy Roads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandy Roads

Sandy roadsare a commom problem down here near the beach....and as snow melts and ya'll pull the beast out of the garage i offer a word of caution--be careful...roads are going to be covered with all kinds of slippery crap Ride Safe!
    Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
    Bullock
    Former VRA USA National President
    Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
    Crestview, Florida
    2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
    (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Re: Sandy Roads

In the northeast where a lot of salted sand is used, watch out for the rural intersections. They seem to accumulate a lot and it stays for a long time. It is extremely dangerous when making a turn.
    Albie Salsburg (1700 Rider)
    2009 Vulcan Voyager
    V&H Slipons
    Thunder MFG Air Kit
    "Ivan's Re-Flash"

Comment

I am having less of a problem with the sand in the corners than I am with the cars who are pissed that I am taking the corner so slow. We need a good rain to clear some of this mess off the roads.
      '18 Road Glide Special, '18 Moto Guzzi V7III Carbon, '75 KT250 Trials.

Comment

That is so true, we rode just a bit Sunday, lots of sand in major intersections. But I think spring has sprung and we just can't wait any longer to dust off the beast.

Need I say how good it feels to be riding.
        Debi
        Former President 10 Years
        Kentucky Vulcan Riders 1-12
        Spyder Ryder in 2021!

Comment

nd doesn't use salt except to keep the sand piles from freezing but the sand in town is horrible. oil field trucks keep the highway clear i know get peppered regularly
          "Hagar"

Comment

Working...
          X