Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Poll] Where do you ride in the lane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: [Poll] Where do you ride in the lane

I guess I use both as well. We have a lot of cagers that hang in the left lane and wont get over - i go to the right side when passing them to give as much as room as possible. Other than that I am usually in the left part of the lane, unless in a group than I ride according to the position assigned. Great poll by the way and discussion.
    Non Chapter Member

Comment

I usualy ride on the left side of the far right lane, right side of the far left lane . It all depends on the situation. I always try to own, what ever lane I'm in and never let cages forrget I'm there.
      Bill "TSfan14" Fliehr
      Apple Valley, MN
      2007 1600 Nomad

Comment

most cases I use the left part of the lane just for visibility's sake, and i dont want to get caught by someone opening their door of a parked car without checking if i'm on the right. i usually avoid the middle due to oil build up etc.

Comment

In a group, I think the captain and anchor should ride at the center line - the anchor to keep people from wanting to share the lane and to keep a better view of the lead. On the highway, I keep closer to the dotted lines, but in twisties, it's wherever I can get the best view through the curve. Around here, your position in the lane is often determined by road conditions, since there is so much uneven pavement. When stopped at a red light, if I can't filter to the front, I'll get as close to an exit route as possible and keep my eyes peeled on the rear.
          Patty Martin
          sigpic

Comment

This is just my opinion, I almost never ride the center line - to slick from oil drips from cars and trucks. Our group rides are staggered with 2-3 seconds between bikes and I like my tail gunner in the left also so I can hand signal a lane change and he or she can take the lane for us. We also put any guest's in the middle of our group and we ride to the guest's capabilities. We always have a ride briefing before we start and remind everybody this is the time to get your head clear and concentrate solely on the group ride!
            Non Chapter Member

Comment

I take my half of that yellow line!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by al klimek View Post
                I take my half of that yellow line!!!!!!!!
                +1 my bike always wanderers to the right.
                wanderer5210 aka Ted

Comment

IMO lane position is dictated by the situation. On a two lane with little or no traffic I cruise to the left, less chance of pot holes and more time to react to anything suddenly entering from the right. On a busy two lane I keep good spacing from the car in front and behind me and hang out left of the lane unless I see a vehicle waiting to enter from the right, then I move to the right of the lane to be sure the entering vehicle can see me.

On the slab I drive just a little on the aggressive side around 5+ mph over the posted speed so I am usually left side of the left lane. If I overtake a solo slower vehicle I Usually move to the right side of the lane so they have a better view of me coming in their mirrors then move back to the left side as I pass through their blind spot.
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/269332826577390/

Comment

Working...
                  X