Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new riders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new riders

my hubby and i are about to buy our 1st bike and are looking at a 1999 nomad. any input about this bike? thanks a bunch!!!

The Nomad is a great bike and ideal if you will be riding 2 up. Welcome from Northwest Ohio.
    Steven "Jester" Carr
    President
    Northwest Ohio VRA
    Chapter 1-19
    Napoleon, Ohio
    2009 Vulcan 1700 Nomad
    VROC #31961

Comment

Re: new riders

Welcome from Kansas City. Nomads ROK, no faveratism here.

Comment

Nomads are great bikes i am looking one for myself however be cautious with the 1999 because those years had a plastic oil pump gear that could break and cause engine damage cx to make sure that it has been replaced or not 2000 and up do not other than that no problems and welcome from michigan
        2013 Voyager "Ivory"
        2003 Nomad FI (gone)
        1996 Vulcan 1500 se 88 (gone)
        VROC#26618.
        ROK #ROK100029773
        Former VRA National Store Manager
        Former VRA Secretary
        Chapter 1-70 President
        Brooklyn,Mi
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/GLVRA
        information.glvra@gmail.com
        COME ON LETS RIDE !

Comment

for the most part we will be riding 2 up. i have read about the plastic oil gear, does anyone know a bit about the judges replacement? i am so excited to finally be getting our first bike!! most of my friends are harley riders and are giving me hell right now, but who cares!! lol!!

Comment

Hey welcome to the VRA!! Nomads are awesome - thus why I have one too! Some of the other guys that have some knowledge of the pog may chime in and you might find some information on this link http://www.gadgetjq.com/gadgetsfixitpage.htm Also click around the forum lots of great information and great people in the VRA!

Don't sweat your friends, Vulcans have a loyal following too we are like the Marines "the few & the proud" I guess few when compared to the number of HDs running around.

While there is allot of advice out there for new riders the first thing that pops into my mind is that the Nomad is a big first bike so be extra careful at first and especially two up. Would be best to get used to solo and these into the two up and don't be in to big a rush for the first group ride.
            Randy - aka racinfan101
            Central IL Chapter 1-39 President
            2024/25 National President

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cent...?ref=bookmarks
            2002 Vulcan Drifter 800, 2010 Vulcan Nomad 1700, 2020 Kawasaki W800. Gone but not forgotten...2008 Vulcan Mean Streak, 2002 Vulcan Drifter 1500.

Comment

Welcome from Central Oh!!! If you do get on there is a lot of good information on here and a lot of good people who know these bikes very well who can help you through! Good luck!!!
              Patrick "Hotwheels" Sharon
              President Columbus Vulcan Riders Chapter 1-32
              Columbus, Oh
              National President 2020
              National Vice President 2019
              National Treasurer 2013 - 2015
              VROC Member # 34133
              2014 Vulcan Voyager
              2021 CanAm Spyder F3-Limited

2020 CanAm Spyder F3-Limited
              2009 Vulcan Voyager - Gone
              2002 1500 Mean Streak - Gone
              2007 Vulcan VN2000 Classic LT
              -Gone
              2007 Vulcan VN900 Classic LT - Gone

Columbus Vulcan Riders 1-32 FaceBook group

Comment

thank yall for welcoming me!! we are definately gonna be safe with starting with a big bike, but my hubby is 6'1 and im 5'10 so we need a big bike to carry both of us! we are going to wilmington to look at the bike on friday. i talked to the owner and he doesnt know if the pog has been replaced. i do however have a friend with the exact yr nomad that we are looking at and it has the pog and he has put 120000 miles on it in a 6 yrs and still driving it strong! luck of the draw i suppose. i will keep yall updated!!

Comment

Welcome. Like Randy said, don't worry about your Harleyaphile friends. I'm on my second Vulcan, and will only buy Vulcans. Best bike around.

I have a 1999 1500 Classic. Similar to the Nomad without the hard bags and touring package. I've had absolutely no problems with it. I love it.
                  Fish
                  Experience: That most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.

Comment

Working...
                  X