Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new member in houston texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new member in houston texas

hello guys i got on the VRA page to see if there was a chapter around here but it seems there is not

i ride an 86 vn750 this is my first bike and i can not be happier

i bought it in march and have been riding every day since i have put about 15k on black betty with in that time i have had two low to no speed drops the worst putting a quarter size rash on my left elbow and breaking the tie rod on the shift lever with this bike being my only wheels at the time i stuck her in third manually and baby sat here until the parts arrived took me about four days to get the parts and ten hours to split the case install the new parts and get her back on the road i am kinda proud of myself on this since the shop says it takes 25 hours to change a stator but enough about me for now just thought i would say hello to the members

Hello and welcome from Northwest Ohio!
    Steven "Jester" Carr
    President
    Northwest Ohio VRA
    Chapter 1-19
    Napoleon, Ohio
    2009 Vulcan 1700 Nomad
    VROC #31961

Comment

Re: new member in houston texas

i am wondering how many of y'all ride or have rode a vn750 in the past?

Comment

Welcome from Columbus, OH!!! If you are interested in a chapter it ins't that difficult to start one. The chapter coordinators have a lot of great info to help you get one going, just say the word and they will be along to help!!

I didn't have a 750 but I know there are a few on here that have and I wanna say even still do have one!
        Patrick "Hotwheels" Sharon
        President Columbus Vulcan Riders Chapter 1-32
        Columbus, Oh
        National President 2020
        National Vice President 2019
        National Treasurer 2013 - 2015
        VROC Member # 34133
        2014 Vulcan Voyager
        2021 CanAm Spyder F3-Limited

2020 CanAm Spyder F3-Limited
        2009 Vulcan Voyager - Gone
        2002 1500 Mean Streak - Gone
        2007 Vulcan VN2000 Classic LT
        -Gone
        2007 Vulcan VN900 Classic LT - Gone

Columbus Vulcan Riders 1-32 FaceBook group

Comment

Welcome from southern Ohio.
          Every day is a holiday when you love your job,And if you don't you must live in a nightmare.

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota. One of my bikes is a VN800A, and I like riding it as much as my Nomad. My wife perfers being on the back of the Nomad. Nice thing about the smaller bikes, is that they manuver around better.
            Bill "TSfan14" Fliehr
            Apple Valley, MN
            2007 1600 Nomad

Comment

i would love to start a chapter down here but i am in a terrible bind financially i need to come up with over 500 bucks in about ten days and i dont have a job but once i get back on my feet i will definately look into starting a chapter it would be great to see kawasaki get some support like old hd gets

Comment

Welcome Trey, from Ontario, Canada
                sigpic
                Member of VRA Canada
                Member of CMC 075 Huron
                http://vracanada.prophpbb.com/
                http://ride.canadianmotorcyclecruisers.ca/

Comment

Welcome!!! just keep the chapter thing in the back of your mind as a possibility and who knows what may happen. There are a few 750 riders on here not sure how many post on a regular basis. When I first started riding I had decided I really liked the Vulcan 750s and was determined to find one but a 750 Shadow ACE came along first. No complaints it was an awesome bike but I still would not mind having a 750 Vulcan.
                  Randy - aka racinfan101
                  Central IL Chapter 1-39 President
                  2024/25 National President

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cent...?ref=bookmarks
                  2002 Vulcan Drifter 800, 2010 Vulcan Nomad 1700, 2020 Kawasaki W800. Gone but not forgotten...2008 Vulcan Mean Streak, 2002 Vulcan Drifter 1500.

Comment

thanks racinfan i will definately be looking to start a chapter and get houston on the map there is plenty of riding season in houston hell i enjoyed a great ride today minus all the stops to put in applications at different businesses around the area but i ended the ride with a good 100 mile run on hwy 59 headed south west of houston

oh i forgot to mention i am a member of the vn750.com forum as well

Comment

Welcome from kansas City

Comment

Originally posted by TreyTaylorVN750 View Post
                        thanks racinfan i will definately be looking to start a chapter and get houston on the map there is plenty of riding season in houston hell i enjoyed a great ride today minus all the stops to put in applications at different businesses around the area but i ended the ride with a good 100 mile run on hwy 59 headed south west of houston

oh i forgot to mention i am a member of the vn750.com forum as well
                        Hey now don't be rubbing that nice weather stuff in to much with folks north of the Mason Dixon line!!!
                        Randy - aka racinfan101
                        Central IL Chapter 1-39 President
                        2024/25 National President

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cent...?ref=bookmarks
                        2002 Vulcan Drifter 800, 2010 Vulcan Nomad 1700, 2020 Kawasaki W800. Gone but not forgotten...2008 Vulcan Mean Streak, 2002 Vulcan Drifter 1500.

Comment

hey its not all its cracked up to be sure we get to ride further into the winter but the summers down here make you wanna buy a can am with an a/c

i think texas summers are the reason why we dont have a strict helmet law as long as you take the mc safety course you dont have to wear a lid but then again texas has mandated to get your class m you have to take the course first go figure

Comment

Working...
                          X