Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New rider in San Diego

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New rider in San Diego

run 40 front and 43 rear... and keep half an eye on the pressure... surprising how fast they can go down in pressure.. ok, hope this is all straight now... ride safe.
    Glenn Gale, President 1-26

Comment

Yeah, there's plenty of debate on fuel. My understanding is that a slightly lower octane does burn hotter and you can get better mileage, but at the expense of pinging. I run premium just because it's not that much more to fill the bike and it's a little piece of mind for the engine. That's just me, though.

I'd go with the tire mfg. recommendation over the bike mfg. Kawi might be right for the OEM tires but I run 40 in my tires because that's what Metzler says.
      San Diego Vulcan Riders 1-24
      https://sdvra.com
      • 2002 VN1500P Mean Streak
      • 2006 VN1600B Mean Streak
      • 2013 VN1700J Vaquero

Comment

AAAA! nope on the OEM tires all so. had an 04 1500 and trashed both tire by 6K running Ma Kaws advise... even a Stone tire rep told me so... in a Kaw shop where I got in to it over mileage on there tire.. he was the 1st one to say the tire pressure was/ is too low. but, could / would not say why kaw ran the tire pressure so low... softer ride ? even there side wall says 40 psi. all the tire shops spend tons of money to see what / how /why / to see what makes there tires run the best. [dot approval] and ins claims I am sure some said the tire failed and made them crash... some where...
        Glenn Gale, President 1-26

Comment

Working...
        X