Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from a potentially new Vulcan rider.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Greetings from a potentially new Vulcan rider.

Thanks for everyone's help. I've decided on a Vulcan 900 Custom. Looks like I will be sticking around to bug people with more questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Backstop View Post
      Thanks for everyone's help. I've decided on a Vulcan 900 Custom. Looks like I will be sticking around to bug people with more questions.
      Congrats. The custom is a 'cool' bike. Don't expect to carry a passenger much on it though. In stock form it is designed to be a solo bike with the exception of the occasional passenger who really wants a ride on your cool bike.
      '18 Road Glide Special, '18 Moto Guzzi V7III Carbon, '75 KT250 Trials.

Comment

Originally posted by Backstop View Post

awesome choice...is definitely a looker and has performance as well.... glad to see you are hanging around would be grea to get a Houston Chapter on board as well
        Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
        Bullock
        Former VRA USA National President
        Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
        Crestview, Florida
        2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
        (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

Originally posted by twowheeladdict View Post
          Congrats. The custom is a 'cool' bike. Don't expect to carry a passenger much on it though. In stock form it is designed to be a solo bike with the exception of the occasional passenger who really wants a ride on your cool bike.

Thanks. I plan on my wife riding with me sometimes, but she doesn't weigh much, she's just tall. I was looking at other Vulcan models, but this one hit the right price point for now.

Now....so many accessories....so many options.
          Last edited by Backstop; 04-22-2013, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Congrats Man!!! What color choice did you go with?
            Randy - aka racinfan101
            Central IL Chapter 1-39 President
            2024/25 National President

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cent...?ref=bookmarks
            2002 Vulcan Drifter 800, 2010 Vulcan Nomad 1700, 2020 Kawasaki W800. Gone but not forgotten...2008 Vulcan Mean Streak, 2002 Vulcan Drifter 1500.

Comment

Well we are still in negotiation. The item on the table is 2009 Custom Special Edition. It's the Ebony with red and white striping.

Stock Photo

Comment

I have had a lot of bikes over the years and have looked at just about every bike. Saw the 900 Classic LT at a bike show and fell in love right then. Took me 2 years but found mine and have never looked back. Fits both me and my wife with no problem. We ride up to the mountains a lot and I rode down to Myrtle Beach last year. Plenty of speed to keep up on the interstate yet nimble enough for the twisties with 2 up. Some people want a 6th gear but on the interstate I don't hit 5th until about 70-75mph. These bikes likes to run and don't mind the RPM's.
                I love my 900!!!
                Non Chapter Member

Comment

Congrats, the 900 custom is a great bike and very sporty. Welcome to my favorite addiction.
                  Bill "TSfan14" Fliehr
                  Apple Valley, MN
                  2007 1600 Nomad

Comment

Working...
                  X