Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbee

Although It's been years since I have been on two wheels I am looking to get back at it. Been looking at the Harley's but I am really drawn to either the nomad or Vaguero. Hope to get this figured out and have one bought soon.

Re: Newbee

Well I certainly glad you may go with a Vulcan!! I personally love my Nomad! It is not perfect but then I don't think any bike is. Except for when I go to the rally I don't see many other Nomads so it is nice to be different without spending a bazillion on aftermarket stuff.
    Randy - aka racinfan101
    Central IL Chapter 1-39 President
    2024/25 National President

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cent...?ref=bookmarks
    2002 Vulcan Drifter 800, 2010 Vulcan Nomad 1700, 2020 Kawasaki W800. Gone but not forgotten...2008 Vulcan Mean Streak, 2002 Vulcan Drifter 1500.

Comment

concur with Randy.... Love my Nomad....just figure out what you want....windshield or fairing.

Good luck with your choice....everyone loves both the Nomad and the Vaq.... and welcome!
      Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
      Bullock
      Former VRA USA National President
      Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
      Crestview, Florida
      2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
      (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

After it took me and my wife 1600 miles in one week, my Nomad did great.
        Bill "TSfan14" Fliehr
        Apple Valley, MN
        2007 1600 Nomad

Comment

Welcome! As most here I am partial to a kaw. Bought my first Hardley when I was 18. I was very religous regarding maintenance and that bike left me of the side of the road one too many times. Hooked up on Kaws and have never looked back. Either way I don't dog on what anyone rides. I personally just prefer a bike I know I can trust, especially on longer runs. The Nomads are beautiful bikes. They have some very nice lines. For me, I just couldn't say no to the Vaquero. Plenty of motor to run, great comfort, and for me it was a great platform to start making the bike my own. Here she is in all her glory ready to head out to the Michigan Rally.

Comment

Welcome from Kansas City. Tough choice, Im a nomad man myself.

Comment

Welcome to the group. I for one love my Voyager! Little more than the Vaquero but still a similar bike. There is a Chapter based out of Lexington that you can check out if you want to see some bikes up close. They are great folks and I am sure would answer any questions you may have. http://kentuckyvulcanriders.us/ Check them out.
              Patrick "Hotwheels" Sharon
              President Columbus Vulcan Riders Chapter 1-32
              Columbus, Oh
              National President 2020
              National Vice President 2019
              National Treasurer 2013 - 2015
              VROC Member # 34133
              2014 Vulcan Voyager
              2021 CanAm Spyder F3-Limited

2020 CanAm Spyder F3-Limited
              2009 Vulcan Voyager - Gone
              2002 1500 Mean Streak - Gone
              2007 Vulcan VN2000 Classic LT
              -Gone
              2007 Vulcan VN900 Classic LT - Gone

Columbus Vulcan Riders 1-32 FaceBook group

Comment

I'm a newbie to biking as well as Vulcans. My husband bought me the beauty on my avatar and over the next few months with practice on OTHER bikes, I will be riding my own! The Vulcan on the lot was the one that was sized perfectly for me which is why her chose her as the one. So now, lol, I am partial to Vulcans, but I think all bikes are cool and this is an inclusive community so whatever you get--welcome!!!

Comment

Originally posted by drof99 View Post
                  Welcome! As most here I am partial to a kaw. Bought my first Hardley when I was 18. I was very religous regarding maintenance and that bike left me of the side of the road one too many times. Hooked up on Kaws and have never looked back. Either way I don't dog on what anyone rides. I personally just prefer a bike I know I can trust, especially on longer runs. The Nomads are beautiful bikes. They have some very nice lines. For me, I just couldn't say no to the Vaquero. Plenty of motor to run, great comfort, and for me it was a great platform to start making the bike my own. Here she is in all her glory ready to head out to the Michigan Rally.

OOOOO AAAAHHHH! Gorgeous machine you have there!!!

Comment

welcome to the forum. Love my Voyager. The Vulcan 1700 is a great engine and great for over the road travel. If you want to do long trips it is the way to go. I personally love having the extra storage the Voyager has.
                    sigpicDan Denney
                    President
                    Fort Worth 1-25
                    Old bikers don't grow grey, they turn chrome.

Comment

900 are a great bike but then most want to go bigger.. the whole 1700 line is very nice. any bike will need a little TLC.. but Kaw's seem to much farther on a little TLC. H-D,s seem to like the attn. LOTS of TLC and big money at that. [I have a couple of H-D friends - nice bikes but seem to break more often ?]
                      Glenn Gale, President 1-26

Comment

Working...
                      X