Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New in Kentucky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New in Kentucky

Just got a new 2008 Nomad a couple of weeks ago. While surfing for accessories I found this forum mentioned in one of the reviews of a product. I've noticed there are very few add-ons for the Vulcans You could build a complete Yamaha, Honda or Harley from aftermarket parts, but I could almost put everything for the Nomad in one saddle bag. Are there some good sites out there for Nomad / Vulcan accessories??? Been reading this forum for about a week, you have a great bunch members.
    sigpic
    08 1600 Nomad
    79 GS1000L Suzuki
    Louisville, KY

Re: New in Kentucky

Welcome to the Group Keith!

First, if you are interested in joining/starting a VRA Chapter in yor area, go here If you're interested in joining or starting a Vulcan riding club in your area, post a message here.

Second - there are tons of accessories for the Nomad, throttles, pegs, pipes, engine covers, back rests, mirrors, lights, etc...

Third and lastly, be sure to check into our annual rally at Renfro....check it out here http://vulcanriders.us/NationalRally/2009/Default.aspx

Again...welcome to the group!!
    Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
    Bullock
    Former VRA USA National President
    Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
    Crestview, Florida
    2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
    (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

Originally posted by Keith F View Post
      Just got a new 2008 Nomad a couple of weeks ago. While surfing for accessories I found this forum mentioned in one of the reviews of a product. I've noticed there are very few add-ons for the Vulcans You could build a complete Yamaha, Honda or Harley from aftermarket parts, but I could almost put everything for the Nomad in one saddle bag. Are there some good sites out there for Nomad / Vulcan accessories??? Been reading this forum for about a week, you have a great bunch members.
      That's because Kawa makes them right, from the start! lol

Welcome aboard Keith! We're glad you stumbled on to us. There are a couple local guys their in Kentucky that plan on being at the Rally one or two days. You are more than welcome to come out and ride with us any of those days, or sit around a campfire and toss a couple cold ones back.

Comment

Derry

Thanks for the reply.
        I am new to the Vulcan line. I have always had Yamaha's and Suzuki's. I have a 2008 Nomad and when I search for Items it will list the models they fit and it is usually Nomads up to 2006 then they will have the same item for classic and mean streak thru 08. It will take me time to learn what items are interchangable within models and which are not. If it doesn't list 08 Nomad 1600 then I am afraid to order it. I guess this will take time and a forum like this will be a great help to me.

Keith
        sigpic
        08 1600 Nomad
        79 GS1000L Suzuki
        Louisville, KY

Comment

Check out http://www.scootworks.com. They have a good selection of Vulcan parts there. You might also check out the tech section there or do a search for Tweak's page. Beau coup service, maintenance, modification tips there.
          Only a biker understands why a dog hangs its head out of the car window!

VRA membership is free! Pass the word! Have all the say as before but at no cost! What a great plan.

Comment

Keith, welcome from Paris! Hope to see you at the rally?

Comment

Bob
              The wife and I are planning on going down to Renfro if nothing changes and hope to meet you. I work for CSX railroad and had the territory from Cincinnati to Winchester spent a lot of time around Paris. I lived down the road from you in Cynthiana. Met my wife there she lived in the country between Falmouth and Cynthiana near Antioch. I miss living out there, the traffic gets crazy in Louisville sometimes when your on a bike.
              sigpic
              08 1600 Nomad
              79 GS1000L Suzuki
              Louisville, KY

Comment

Traffic is crazy bad in Louisville for cagers too! Too many people, way too many cars, not enough people utilizing mass transit

Comment

Working...
                X