Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Lawton, OK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Lawton, OK

New Vulcanite here and relatively new to Kawasakis - my first being a 2011 KLR 650 that I'm replacing tomorrow with a new-to-me 2010 Vulcan Nomad 1700. Ridden all my life since I was 16 or so, growing up in India. Enjoy riding the open road and taking day trips and longer weekend trips. Would be nice to see many of you on the road soon and make more new friends as we go along! Any new input to a new Vulcanite is very welcome
    sigpic
    2010 Vulcan 1700 Nomad

2011 Kawasaki KLR 650 (Sold), 2009 Yamaha V-Star 950 (Sold), 1995 Yamaha YZF600R (Sold), 1992 Yamaha RX100 (Sold), 1989 Royal Enfield 350 (Sold), 1968 Ideal Jawa (Sold)

Re: Hello from Lawton, OK

Congrats on the new ride. The Nomads are great bikes!! And welcome to the forum from Columbus, OH!!
    Patrick "Hotwheels" Sharon
    President Columbus Vulcan Riders Chapter 1-32
    Columbus, Oh
    National President 2020
    National Vice President 2019
    National Treasurer 2013 - 2015
    VROC Member # 34133
    2014 Vulcan Voyager
    2021 CanAm Spyder F3-Limited

2020 CanAm Spyder F3-Limited
    2009 Vulcan Voyager - Gone
    2002 1500 Mean Streak - Gone
    2007 Vulcan VN2000 Classic LT
    -Gone
    2007 Vulcan VN900 Classic LT - Gone

Columbus Vulcan Riders 1-32 FaceBook group

Comment

Thanks Patrick . From everything I've read and heard, it's a great bike and I'm looking to put some miles on her year after year reaching farther each time. Hope to see you on the road someday
      sigpic
      2010 Vulcan 1700 Nomad

2011 Kawasaki KLR 650 (Sold), 2009 Yamaha V-Star 950 (Sold), 1995 Yamaha YZF600R (Sold), 1992 Yamaha RX100 (Sold), 1989 Royal Enfield 350 (Sold), 1968 Ideal Jawa (Sold)

Comment

I am sure we will. We have yearly rallies hopefully you can make one! Next one is in April out in San Diego, CA. Then in July in Reedsburg, WI. I will be going to the one in Reedsburg for sure. One of these days will make it to a West Coast rally. Need need to plan it right!
        Patrick "Hotwheels" Sharon
        President Columbus Vulcan Riders Chapter 1-32
        Columbus, Oh
        National President 2020
        National Vice President 2019
        National Treasurer 2013 - 2015
        VROC Member # 34133
        2014 Vulcan Voyager
        2021 CanAm Spyder F3-Limited

2020 CanAm Spyder F3-Limited
        2009 Vulcan Voyager - Gone
        2002 1500 Mean Streak - Gone
        2007 Vulcan VN2000 Classic LT
        -Gone
        2007 Vulcan VN900 Classic LT - Gone

Columbus Vulcan Riders 1-32 FaceBook group

Comment

Welcome from NW Florida!!
          Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
          Bullock
          Former VRA USA National President
          Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
          Crestview, Florida
          2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
          (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

Welcome from Kansas City

Comment

Welcome!! Glad to have you in the VRA!! Your Nomad should serve you well for many a mile. Mine sure has been great!
              Randy - aka racinfan101
              Central IL Chapter 1-39 President
              2024/25 National President

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cent...?ref=bookmarks
              2002 Vulcan Drifter 800, 2010 Vulcan Nomad 1700, 2020 Kawasaki W800. Gone but not forgotten...2008 Vulcan Mean Streak, 2002 Vulcan Drifter 1500.

Comment

Welcome to the forum from Western Mass. Welcome to the forum and good luck with the new ride.
                sigpic

Comment

Welcome from the SC 1-50!!! Nomads are a great bike get ready for a lot of miles. Check out the rides and rallies section of the forum, and of course the big rally coming up in July!!
                  Non Chapter Member

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome folks! It feels like family already .

I'll definitely be looking into the big rally and see if I can make it. Sometimes, work has a way of getting in the way
                    sigpic
                    2010 Vulcan 1700 Nomad

Comment

Welcome from Central Alabama 1-61! We'll see each other at some time!
                      Jeff
                      VROC No. 37613

sigpic

Comment

Yessir! We sure will
                        sigpic
                        2010 Vulcan 1700 Nomad

Comment

Welcome interceptor_1972, to the VRA Family. Lawton, OK. are you military? My first base was Sheppard AFB, Wichita Falls, TX. Just south of you as you well know. You will enjoy putting miles on your NOMAD. We all brag about our miles we put on our bikes each year, month, week and day. Check out all our chapters locations, you can find them on the main page. Keep us updated with your new ride and hope to see you at the rally.
                          You only live once, so live life like a kid always
                          www.facebook.com/groups/missouribootheelvra/
                          https://www.facebook.com/tom.taylor....ref=ts&fref=ts
                          http://missouribootheel1-58.weebly.com

Comment

Originally posted by benmo109 View Post
                            Welcome interceptor_1972, to the VRA Family. Lawton, OK. are you military? My first base was Sheppard AFB, Wichita Falls, TX. Just south of you as you well know. You will enjoy putting miles on your NOMAD. We all brag about our miles we put on our bikes each year, month, week and day. Check out all our chapters locations, you can find them on the main page. Keep us updated with your new ride and hope to see you at the rally.
                            Thank you benmo109. And actually, no. I'm civilian, but my father-in-law was Military, which is how we ended up here. I'm originally from India, myself and a recent citizen of the USA. Sheppard is just down the road from us .

I know the Nomad will be a great bike - I'd been logging some serious miles on the 2011 KLR 650 that I had, riding it to Red River, NM and back (in one day - circumstantially), riding it to Mena, AR via the Talimena Scenic Drive and more recently to Eureka Springs, AR and back with a buddy of mine from work. Watching him enjoy the ride with the cruise set made me insanely jealous - not to mention, the KLR was never intended to be a cruiser or a touring bike to begin with. Which is when I got serious about looking for a long range cruiser/touring bike that the wife would enjoy riding as well. In comes the 2010 Nomad - I must say, it does take a little getting used to when you upsize from a 650 to a 1700 and from a dual sport to a cruiser. That said, I think we will enjoy many a long trips on this bike. Taking the wife out to lunch tomorrow on the bike from Lawton, OK - Amarillo, TX and back for an early Valentines Day lunch. It'll be her first long ride .

I'll definitely keep y'all posted and hope to see you at the rally as well
                            sigpic
                            2010 Vulcan 1700 Nomad

Comment

Welcome from west MI. ride safe.
                              Glenn Gale, President 1-26

Comment

Working...
                              X