Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Central Illinois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Central Illinois

Hello, just joined the forum. My name is Steve but I go by Meat. I'm from Central Illinois and I'm riding a 2008 1600 Nomad ( Black ). Rode years ago and then had a family and gave it up for about 25 yrs. Started riding again in 2007 when I bought a 900 Classic LT. Traded in 2008 for my Nomad. My wife and I have really enjoyed riding again.

Re: Hello from Central Illinois

Welcome Meat. I live in Eastern Iowa and hope to do some riding with you one of these days.

Do you ever ride on the "Great River Road", along the Mississipi River? SOme great riding for us in the relatively level MidWest.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, I've riden the river road but mostly in the southern part of the state. We have talked about riding up north this fall. I was just in your state this month on my way back from Sturgis.

Comment

Welcome aboard meat!

Stay away from the grill!

Comment

Good to have you with us, Meat. Sit down and have a brew while we burp, fart and tell lies around the old 'puter.
          Only a biker understands why a dog hangs its head out of the car window!

VRA membership is free! Pass the word! Have all the say as before but at no cost! What a great plan.

Comment

Welcome to the forum Meat. All of my family is out your way (Missouri and Illinois). In fact, my parents are out there now in their new motorhome.

If you'd like to ride some beautiful mountain roads, consider joining us at the National Vulcan rally next year in North Carolina down by "The Dragon".

If you're interested in joining or starting a Vulcan riding club in your area, post a message here.
            John Featherlin
            Webmaster vulcanriders.us 2007-2016
            International Chapter Coordinator 2009-2016
            Forum Admin 2007-2016
            USA Chapter Coordinator 2007-2016
            National President 2007-2010
            National Vice President 2006
            National Secretary 2011-2012

Comment

welcome to the group meat....glad to have you aboard....sorry you purchased the slower model (Black) Nomad versus the Blue/Silver Bullet HA! Man i kill me.....

again, welcome to the group bro
              Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
              Bullock
              Former VRA USA National President
              Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
              Crestview, Florida
              2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
              (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

Originally posted by meat View Post
                Thanks for the welcome, I've riden the river road but mostly in the southern part of the state. We have talked about riding up north this fall. I was just in your state this month on my way back from Sturgis.
                I've ridden the GRR on both sides, from the headwaters in MN to down below Quincy, IL. The best road, for me, is the stretch on the Iowa side from Marqutte, (Praire du Chein, IL) to Lansing, IA. In Lansing, is an overview that got a tremedious view of one of the widest sections of river, a great view.

Let me know if you ever in that area, and I'll try and join you for lunch and perhaps some riding.

Comment

Working...
                X