Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from N.E. Georgia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from N.E. Georgia

Howdy,
    Ive been on the forum a couple weeks now, thought I would introduce myself proper like.

My name is Jack but everybody calls me drongo, I am well over 40 but how far im not gonna say lol, Im a proud grandpa of a 2yr old boy named colton and like most grandparents it dont take much to get me talking about the little monster.

I am based out of Monroe Georgia(20 miles west of athens, 30 miles east of atlanta) I have started the leg work for getting a VRA chapter started here in the peach state. So, all you georgia riders and/or riders in the abbeville/rock hill SC area that are willing to make the 1 1/2 hr for meetings send me a message. and lets get this thing goin.

I work as a technician at a power plant mostly the mechanical side as electricity scares the heck out of me lol. I play guitar, and love to cook some "good ol' Ga style BBq". I am married and my wife is learning to ride although she isnt ready for the road yet she will get there, I am looking for a good deal on a EN500 for her as my 900 classic is a little wide for her short legs. The wife and I are also avid gamers (yeah were both warcraft nerds lol)

Ill post some pics soon as the wife remembers what folder she stuck em in on the computer lol

Re: Hello from N.E. Georgia

welcome to the group drongo
    Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
    Bullock
    Former VRA USA National President
    Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
    Crestview, Florida
    2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
    (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

Welcome Drongo! Good bio, keep up the good work in GA trying to get a chapter started.
      Last edited by Dave Stout; 09-15-2009, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Welcome to the forum Jack. There are a lot of folks here having great times with great friends through their local chapters. We wish the same for you and the folks in Monroe.
        John Featherlin
        Webmaster vulcanriders.us 2007-2016
        International Chapter Coordinator 2009-2016
        Forum Admin 2007-2016
        USA Chapter Coordinator 2007-2016
        National President 2007-2010
        National Vice President 2006
        National Secretary 2011-2012

Comment

It would be great to have a chapter in the Peach State, sounds like you're making a good start at making that happen.
          Drongo, ain't being a granddad wonderful!!!! Spoil the heck out of that 2 year old, feed him lots of candy and pop and then send him home.

Comment

Originally posted by Fly View Post
            It would be great to have a chapter in the Peach State, sounds like you're making a good start at making that happen.
            Drongo, ain't being a granddad wonderful!!!! Spoil the heck out of that 2 year old, feed him lots of candy and pop and then send him home.
            as the father of a 2 yr old...that ch!t aint funny
            Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
            Bullock
            Crestview, Florida
            2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700

Comment

Originally posted by DaBull View Post
              as the father of a 2 yr old...that ch!t aint funny
              I see it as revenge on my daughter for all the problems she put us through. Besides, that's been the job of grandparents since day 1.

Comment

Oh yeah my granson is a hoot, he is gonna be a rider too. I took him on his first ride at 18months old (just slow laps up and down my 1/8 mile driveway) I sat him on the gas tank between my arms and off we went. Now first thing he says when he sees me in the morning is "i wanna ride motorcycle with pawpaw". I've already gave him a road name "chocomilk" cuz as soon as he gets set in his little ride position "nanny" has to give him his sippy cup full of chocolate milk to sip while we make our daily laps which we call the "chocomilk run"

I waned ya it didn't take much to get me talking about the grandson

Comment

well i can't send him home as he lives with us, its an all to common story now days.. 20yr old kids making babies they don't wan't and cant support oh well little fella has nanny and pawpaw to love him

Comment

Originally posted by drongo View Post
                    I've already gave him a road name "chocomilk" cuz as soon as he gets set in his little ride position "nanny" has to give him his sippy cup full of chocolate milk to sip while we make our daily laps which we call the "chocomilk run"

I waned ya it didn't take much to get me talking about the grandson
                    If that name sticks, I pity the poor guy when he has to explain to his riding buddies what it means.

(enjoyed the story! )
                    John Featherlin
                    Webmaster vulcanriders.us 2007-2016
                    International Chapter Coordinator 2009-2016
                    Forum Admin 2007-2016
                    USA Chapter Coordinator 2007-2016
                    National President 2007-2010
                    National Vice President 2006
                    National Secretary 2011-2012

Comment

Originally posted by drongo View Post
                      well i can't send him home as he lives with us, its an all to common story now days.. 20yr old kids making babies they don't wan't and cant support oh well little fella has nanny and pawpaw to love him
                      Glad he has loving grandparents to step up and do the right thing. Life ain't always fair, but sometimes you step up and do what is best for the innocent.

Comment

Glad he has loving grandparents to step up and do the right thing. Life ain't always fair, but sometimes you step up and do what is best for the innocent.
                        +1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000~ to the grand parents!
                        Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
                        Bullock
                        Crestview, Florida
                        2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700

Comment

Originally posted by Slicks View Post
                          If that name sticks, I pity the poor guy when he has to explain to his riding buddies what it means.

(enjoyed the story! )
                          at least he can honestly say he was riding bikes when he was still cutting teeth

Comment

Working...
                          X