Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Woodbridge VA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Woodbridge VA

Hi all,
    New member here. I've had a 2006 Vulcan 900 Classic and then traded it in last August 2008 for a Bandit 1250. Now with arthritis in both knees I'm looking a moving on to a Vulcan 1700 Classic. I liked the VN900 well enough but the noisy belt drive and the hard butt-numbing seat drove me away from it. After the fact, it was a pretty nice bike. Great gas mileage and easy to ride. How does everyone like the VN1700?

Thanks, Jim

Re: Hello from Woodbridge VA

Welcome. I haven't riddent he 1700 yet but I've heard good things about it. But the stock seats, in general, suck. After putting after-market pipes on most people target replacing the seat as the next priority. For overall comfort the concensus is that Mustang offers the best seat.

Good luck in getting your new 1700 and hang around. The folks here are knowledgeable and helpful.
    Only a biker understands why a dog hangs its head out of the car window!

VRA membership is free! Pass the word! Have all the say as before but at no cost! What a great plan.

Comment

As George says, "Stock seats suck." I always take the cover off and modify the shape and sometimes replace the stock foam with better foam.

My 900 Custom is as comfortable as any bike I've had, except my Concours. I did reshape the foam of the seat, added 4" risers to the bars and moved the pegs forward by 5". It now fits me very well, and was what I rode out to the VRA National rally in PA.

Comment

I agree with everyone on the stock seats. The first thing I replaced on my 900 Classic was the seat. Went with a Saddlemen and am very happy 15k miles later. As far as the whine from the belt: I hear about that a lot on other sites. Usually it's due from being too tight.

Welcome aboard stocksj! Stick around and get to know some folks.

Link to our main website http://vulcanriders.us

If you're interested in joining or starting a Vulcan riding club in your area, post a message here.

Comment

Welcome to the forum StocksJ.

Hey all, did I hear wrong or is the stock seat for the Voyager A+?
          John Featherlin
          Webmaster vulcanriders.us 2007-2016
          International Chapter Coordinator 2009-2016
          Forum Admin 2007-2016
          USA Chapter Coordinator 2007-2016
          National President 2007-2010
          National Vice President 2006
          National Secretary 2011-2012

Comment

welcome to the group stocksj

If you're interested in joining or starting a Vulcan riding club in your area, post a message here.
            Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
            Bullock
            Former VRA USA National President
            Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
            Crestview, Florida
            2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
            (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

welcome to the group. I'm a Mount Vernon native myself with famiy and friends in Woodbridge.

teh VN1700....test road it at Carlisle. I said it before I'll say it again. you have to lean to get it to go straight, the thing flat out tunrs and handles like a dream.

as for seats.
              I've never had a more comfortable seat than my stock seat off on my '07 vn1500

Comment

Welcome.
                I'm "new" also--been reading more than replying and learning a lot. I've been riding for three years and this year worked my way up to the 1700. Although my reference base is somewhat limited, I've enjoyed putting 9,300 miles on my Nomad this summer. The engine purrs at 65mph; the 6th (OD) gear provides excellent gas mileage at highway speeds (around 42mpg now); and the electronic cruise control is fantastic. The 1700 is a nice ride, IMO.

Dave
                Attached Files

Comment

Stocksj, looking at helping a couple boys in the stafford area get a chapter started....if you are still around post or send me an email.

Comment

Working...
                  X