Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lurker finally says hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lurker finally says hello

Decided I finally should say hello and introduce myself.
    Thought I had done so earlier but I guess not...
    Name is Dave and I am the proud owner of a black 2008 V2K Classic. I've turned it into a bagger with some hard saddlebags and an older HD fairing but I'm re-doing everything this winter. Going to a complete inner/outer fairing with all the goodies and going to try to do a set of extended HD style bags.

I live in Central Illinois so I often ride the River road down toward Alton, Grafton and Calhoun county areas for short day trips. When time and money allow you'll generally find me in the mountains somewhere.

Re: Lurker finally says hello

Mountains, in Illinois? Just kidding, I also enjoy every chance I get to head into some mountains, there is a lot more interesting scenery than here in the Midwest.

Have you ever ridden the Great River Road below Lansing, Iowa? I consider that the best part of the road from up in MN down to Hannibal, MO. Over the years, I've ridden both sides of the river down to Hannibal. Some great roads and a few of the old river towns are still around.

Comment

good luck with your conversions, i have HD hard bags and a full inner/outer fairing. It is a great add to the bike, if they would make the ones that fit our bikes cheaper, we wouldnt have to do so many mods.

Comment

Hi Dave,

WElcome to the group...looking forward to chattin it up....need a pic of that bike (want to see the hard bags)

If you're interested in joining or starting a Vulcan riding club in your area, post a message here.

If you need anything, holler!
        Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
        Bullock
        Former VRA USA National President
        Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
        Crestview, Florida
        2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
        (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

Welcome ZLRider. Ya know, if you talk to the 'ole lady into letting you park your bike in the living room over the winter, you can work on the bike while you watch TV.
          John Featherlin
          Webmaster vulcanriders.us 2007-2016
          International Chapter Coordinator 2009-2016
          Forum Admin 2007-2016
          USA Chapter Coordinator 2007-2016
          National President 2007-2010
          National Vice President 2006
          National Secretary 2011-2012

Comment

glad to here from you dave....

Comment

Welcome to the forums Dave! Hope you like the place. Alot of great folks here, glad there is one more!
              Dear Cage Driver: If my decision to ride a bike, be free and live life on my terms offends you............cool.

Comment

Working...
              X