Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Hinton, IA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hello from Hinton, IA

Pasnbyu, I didn't know there was another Chapter 1-10 member here in Iowa. Although you're quite a bit closer than I am, it's still a long ride for you to La Crosse.

Are you going to the upcoming chapter dinner in La Crosse? If so, sure hope it's warm enough to ride up. I usually stay that night, and come back the next day, not good to be driving those roads at night, after a few beers.

Comment

Hello All From Iowa again,,,,,its so close to riding season here my ass is wanting the new Mustang seat really bad. Rain now for a while but very sandy on the roads here but its better than snow. To let you guys know, a ride for the troops (poker run) here on June 12th in Grundy Center from Scottys Saloon. Great time lots of fun, any ??? let me know. Bruxo,,,,I bought my bike in Nevada @ Adams last March about this time. Do you ever get over this way? Give a shout out,,,the group I ride with ride all over so let me know, the more the better.
      sigpic
      KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN!!

Rick 'pasn' Hayden
      Treasurer-Greater IA Chapter

Comment

Welcome from Spirit Lake in NW Iowa.
        Dave Petrick, CPP
        2005 Nomad 1600
        2009 CanAm Spyder SE5
        VROC #31371

Comment

I'd love to make that run, but the MWGRR in Boscobel, WI is that weekend. This started 12 years ago as strictly a VROC rally, but now has as about as many VRA members as VROC members.

Since I ran it for several years, and am still on the planning committee, I need to be there. You are all, of course, invited.
          Check it out at http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Boscobel/

Comment

Hey Fly....I thought the Boscobel ride was May 22nd....We may be going up there for that as one of our fellow group riders has a daughter that lives there. We made that stop on our River Run trip last summer, back down to Lancaster, over to LaCrosse and to DBQ and home. Before that we were in the Galena area, Poopys in Savanna and Elizabeth.
            sigpic
            KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN!!

Rick 'pasn' Hayden
            Treasurer-Greater IA Chapter

Comment

Poopy's is a good bar, been there several times. There is also a relatively new place just South of J&P Cycles in Anamosa, IA, called Scooters. Along with the National Motorcycle Museum, Anamosa is a good place for a day's ride. Not that far from Dubuque, we could meet for lunch one of these days.

The MWGRR has always been on Father's Day in June. This year, it's June 18-23. If you can make it, it's a great group that come each year, one of those get-togethers that is on my top of the list to go. The Delphi Vulcan group has rides out of there also, maybe theirs in in May.

I'm trying to get my friends in the Cedar Rapids area to join the VRA, but most still check into VROC and don't seem to want to expand their horizons. I'll keep working on them, and perhaps we can get together a couple of chapters here in Iowa, an Eastern and Western Iowa chapter.

Comment

Working...
              X