Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey from IL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey from IL

Hey all. Just got a 2006 Kawasaki 900 Classic LT (and unfortunately already having electrical issues). But I am excited to be a Kaw rider again. Have had a Nomad and a previous 900. Tried an HD Ultra and found it wasn't for me. Hope to be able to get this bike in good shape and enjoy riding again.

Forgot to say I'm in Montgomery I'll, about 50 miles west of Chgo. Lots of country roads to be explored.

Comment

Welcome to the site ,good folks here .Hope you find your elect. problem and is easy fix,

Comment

Welcome to the forum from Western Mass. I have an 08 900 Classic LT which I purchased new. Hope you figure out your electrical problem. I love my 900 so I know you will love yours also.
        sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the forum from Columbus, OH!
          Patrick "Hotwheels" Sharon
          President Columbus Vulcan Riders Chapter 1-32
          Columbus, Oh
          National President 2020
          National Vice President 2019
          National Treasurer 2013 - 2015
          VROC Member # 34133
          2014 Vulcan Voyager
          2021 CanAm Spyder F3-Limited

2020 CanAm Spyder F3-Limited
          2009 Vulcan Voyager - Gone
          2002 1500 Mean Streak - Gone
          2007 Vulcan VN2000 Classic LT
          -Gone
          2007 Vulcan VN900 Classic LT - Gone

Columbus Vulcan Riders 1-32 FaceBook group

Comment

Welcome from a little farther south and west in Illinois! Glad to have you with us!!

900's are darn near bullet proof, the earlier years are known to have stator issues, but other than that are rock solid.
            Randy - aka racinfan101
            Central IL Chapter 1-39 President
            2024/25 National President

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cent...?ref=bookmarks
            2002 Vulcan Drifter 800, 2010 Vulcan Nomad 1700, 2020 Kawasaki W800. Gone but not forgotten...2008 Vulcan Mean Streak, 2002 Vulcan Drifter 1500.

Comment

Excellent choice of Groups to link up with. You have come back to Kawasaki, need I say more? Excellent Choices in life. So, Welcome from Globe Vulcan Riders - Riding all Arizona-
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 3 photos.
              President Chapter 1-4
              Phoenix Valley Vulcan Riders
              svdawntreader@gmail.com
              (360) 451-3072
              2003 Vulcan Drifter 1500
              2016 Vulcan Vaquero

Comment

Hey guys just joined. I have a 2006 vulcan classic. Bought it from original owner with 7.6k on it. Rode it past few months and love it. First issue happened this morning. Upshift to 2nd I heel shifted and it went down smooth but didn't feel the gear change. It happened 2 more times in the next 35 miles from 2nd to 3rd as well. I clutched it again then foot shifted and felt it hit. No noise or resistance. Every other shift through the ride was absolutely normal. I have owned a many bikes and this has me wondering. Bike has 9.2k on it now.

Comment

Originally posted by JK View Post
                  Hey guys just joined. I have a 2006 vulcan classic. Bought it from original owner with 7.6k on it. Rode it past few months and love it. First issue happened this morning. Upshift to 2nd I heel shifted and it went down smooth but didn't feel the gear change. It happened 2 more times in the next 35 miles from 2nd to 3rd as well. I clutched it again then foot shifted and felt it hit. No noise or resistance. Every other shift through the ride was absolutely normal. I have owned a many bikes and this has me wondering. Bike has 9.2k on it now.
                  Hey JK welcome to the forum! You may want to post the question in a new thread in the Vulcan 900 forum (assuming it is a 900) or even the General Discussion forum, so there is a better chance some that can help will see it.

Off hand, I never had that problem unless I "soft shifted" from first to second...typically though that doesn't happen when you use the heel though.

Randy - aka racinfan101

2002 Vulcan Drifter 800, 2010 Vulcan Nomad 1700, 2020 Kawasaki W800. Gone but not forgotten...2008 Vulcan Mean Streak, 2002 Vulcan Drifter 1500.

Comment

Ok I wasn't sure hiw to navigate the forum posts. Thanks for reply. I will see if anyone can shed some light in possible cause.

Comment

Welcome to the forum JK from Western Massachusetts.
                      sigpic

Comment

Ok I wasn't sure hiw to navigate the forum posts. Thanks for reply. I will see if anyone can shed some light in possible cause.
                        It takes a bit of trial and error. No worries you will get the hang of it!
                        Randy - aka racinfan101

Comment

First off welcome to the forum from Columbus, OH! If this is something new that it hasn't done over the previous 2 K you rode it then makes me wonder. If it has done this before my initial thought would be that the heel part is too low and you are not getting a full down push before hitting the foot board causing the soft shift as Randy said. You can try pulling the heel toe shifter off and moving it one spline to see if that helps any. May not fix it but a simple thing to try.
                          Patrick "Hotwheels" Sharon
                          President Columbus Vulcan Riders Chapter 1-32
                          Columbus, Oh
                          National President 2020
                          National Vice President 2019
                          National Treasurer 2013 - 2015
                          VROC Member # 34133
                          2014 Vulcan Voyager
                          2021 CanAm Spyder F3-Limited

2020 CanAm Spyder F3-Limited
                          2009 Vulcan Voyager - Gone
                          2002 1500 Mean Streak - Gone
                          2007 Vulcan VN2000 Classic LT
                          -Gone
                          2007 Vulcan VN900 Classic LT - Gone

Columbus Vulcan Riders 1-32 FaceBook group

Comment

Yea its crazy its not like I started shifting different. No issues in past 3 months and almost 2k miles. I will take a look at the shifted and see how my next ride goes. Thanks for reply

Comment

Welcome from west MI.. and sad thing is early 900's had a big issues with the stators .. replacement units are much better. I would check there if not charging ? you did not say what the problem is . ? but enjoy the ride and ride safe.
                              Glenn Gale, President 1-26

Comment

Working...
                              X