Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newn Member in Tucson, Az

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newn Member in Tucson, Az

I purchased a 2005 Suzuki Boulevard M95 which is really a Kawasaki Mean Streak with a different headlight, rear fender and air cleaner. After several attempts to find information on his bike on Suzuki forums, I gave up. It is like it doesn't exist. So hear I am to learn all I can about this bike and meat new people with the same interest.

Welcome to the forum from Tennessee ,can,t help on your bike but maybe someone can help .Good luck and ride safe .

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, Keep her in the wind.

Comment

Welcome to the forum from Western Massachusetts.
        sigpic

Comment

In 1981, I went to a joint service school in Massachusetts. My insurance company, (State Farm at the time), said I was insured as long as I was temporary duty. They said they would not cover anyone stationed there. Ride safe and thanks.

Comment

Welcome to the forum from Columbus, OH! Several Mean Streak owners here. I have a 2002 1500 Mean Streak. Great bike for sure! Enjoy and keep the rubber side down!
            Patrick "Hotwheels" Sharon
            President Columbus Vulcan Riders Chapter 1-32
            Columbus, Oh
            National President 2020
            National Vice President 2019
            National Treasurer 2013 - 2015
            VROC Member # 34133
            2014 Vulcan Voyager
            2021 CanAm Spyder F3-Limited

2020 CanAm Spyder F3-Limited
            2009 Vulcan Voyager - Gone
            2002 1500 Mean Streak - Gone
            2007 Vulcan VN2000 Classic LT
            -Gone
            2007 Vulcan VN900 Classic LT - Gone

Columbus Vulcan Riders 1-32 FaceBook group

Comment

Thanks for the welcome

Comment

HI and welcome from West MI. RCVRA 1-26 and the wife had the same bike for a bit.. I can try to help if you need some thing . just ask..
                Glenn Gale, President 1-26

Comment

Welcome to the VRA and to the forum! A Vulcan Mean Streak by any other name is....a Suzuki Boulevard Marauder!

Pretty solid bikes with regular maintenance, aftermarket goodies are becoming a little more hard to find all the time but are still out there. The cam chains do tend to reach the end of their adjustment and start flapping about and get noisy inside the engine and guys solve this issue with "cam chain extenders" Some as early as 25,000 miles, others more like 65,000 miles. Given that Mean Streaks / M95s are sporty cruisers they tend to be ran harder than other 1500/1600s and seem to need the extenders sooner. You can read up more on this and some other maintenance things for 1500/1600s at this site - https://www.vulcangadgets.com/
                  Randy - aka racinfan101
                  Central IL Chapter 1-39 President
                  2024/25 National President

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cent...?ref=bookmarks
                  2002 Vulcan Drifter 800, 2010 Vulcan Nomad 1700, 2020 Kawasaki W800. Gone but not forgotten...2008 Vulcan Mean Streak, 2002 Vulcan Drifter 1500.

Comment

Thanks, I saw the thread on the extenders. I was hoping I could use this bike for extended trips but seams the gas tank won't support long trips two up. I had the gas light come on at just 80 miles and I wasn't doing over the speed limit.

Comment

It is like 4.4 or 4.5 gallons and the fuel light usually gives you a good 50 mile warning. I don't ride two up on mine but typically I get the low fuel light between 100 and 125 miles depending on how I am riding, or if I am running into a head wind. So no it doesn't have a very long range, and if you are in parts of the country where gas stations are a little scarce be careful. Usually for myself about every 100 miles my butt likes a break anyway so it's no big deal, and if I am on a long trip I have the luxury of using my Nomad for those.
                      Randy - aka racinfan101
                      Central IL Chapter 1-39 President
                      2024/25 National President

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cent...?ref=bookmarks
                      2002 Vulcan Drifter 800, 2010 Vulcan Nomad 1700, 2020 Kawasaki W800. Gone but not forgotten...2008 Vulcan Mean Streak, 2002 Vulcan Drifter 1500.

Comment

Yeah the best you get on milage is about 150 tops. My gas light usually comes on around 100 miles or so. This isn't a long distance tourer for sure.
                        Patrick "Hotwheels" Sharon
                        President Columbus Vulcan Riders Chapter 1-32
                        Columbus, Oh
                        National President 2020
                        National Vice President 2019
                        National Treasurer 2013 - 2015
                        VROC Member # 34133
                        2014 Vulcan Voyager
                        2021 CanAm Spyder F3-Limited

2020 CanAm Spyder F3-Limited
                        2009 Vulcan Voyager - Gone
                        2002 1500 Mean Streak - Gone
                        2007 Vulcan VN2000 Classic LT
                        -Gone
                        2007 Vulcan VN900 Classic LT - Gone

Columbus Vulcan Riders 1-32 FaceBook group

Comment

I was thinking of carrying a 2 gal jerry can on a rack as a just in case.

Comment

Welcome from Globe Vulcan Riders - Riding All of Arizona. We have a Boulevard in our chapter. Guardrail, alias Bush smasher, may be able to help with your questions.
                            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                            This gallery has 3 photos.
                            President Chapter 1-4
                            Phoenix Valley Vulcan Riders
                            svdawntreader@gmail.com
                            (360) 451-3072
                            2003 Vulcan Drifter 1500
                            2016 Vulcan Vaquero

Comment

Guys I thank you for all your help. I don't have the money to keep this bike and buy another. Traded for a 2009 Yamaha 1300 Touring bike, Be seeing ya.

Comment

Working...
                              X