Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Central Tennessee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Central Tennessee

As you can see from my user name I am addicted to two wheels. I am also currently addicted to Kawasaki. I have been riding since 1980, but did take a 13 year break when I moved out of FL and had young children to feed.
    Well, by boys paid me back by earning scholarships so I found myself with some extra cash and over the past 4 years have built up a nice little stable consisting of: 2008 KLR 650, 2007 Mean Streak, 2007 Ninja 650R, 2001 Voyager XII, and a 1993 Honda XR250L.

I have been averaging around 15,000 miles on two wheels over the past 4 years and finally did my dream ride of the entire Blue Ridge Parkway both directions in 2007.

I am looking forward to meeting up for some rides in the future.
    '18 Road Glide Special, '18 Moto Guzzi V7III Carbon, '75 KT250 Trials.

Re: Hello from Central Tennessee

Welcome, looking forward to seeing you post about your addiction, the first and most important step to a cure is realizing you have an addiction, myself, I'm trying to overcome a severe bout with too long out of the saddle. Haven't had time when weather was reasonable, and plenty of time when it was snowing.
    We have ridden the BRP from end to end numerous times but never at a single sitting. Something always comes up and we can't get it done all at once

Comment

Welcome!!

I'm not sure if you've read about it yet, but our 2010 Rally is being held in your neck of the woods in July. Rally headquarters is at the Kickstand lodge in Stecoah, NC, near Robbinsville at the south end of both the Cherohala Skyway and The Dragon.

Several of us from the Lexington Chapter will be heading down together on Monday, July 12th. If you decide to attend the rally let us know and we would be glad to meet up with you for the last leg of the ride. Don't know our exact route yet but we'll probably hit Highway 129 in Marysville, TN and follow it in over the Dragon and into Robbinsville.
      Old Crow (Bob)
      Lexington, KY
      1960 Vespa 150
      1964 Bridgestone 175
      1972 Suzuki GT380
      2005 1600 Classic
      2010 Nomad 1700
      2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S
      Past Kentucky Chapter President
      National Vice President 2012

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"Map.jpg","src":"http:\/\/vulcanriders.us\/forum\/filedata\/fetch?filedataid=6849&type=full"**[/IMG2]

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. I did notice that your rally would be near the Dragon and I have camped at Kickstand lodge. Unfortunately your rally falls on the same week as the American Voyager Association Rally which is being held in Western NY this year. Since my wife will only ride on the Voyager, that will be the rally we are planning on attending. If something changes I will definitely keep NC as a backup. I do need to get the mean streak up there so I can earn my dragon decal.

Comment

Originally posted by twowheeladdict View Post
          Thanks for the welcome. I did notice that your rally would be near the Dragon and I have camped at Kickstand lodge. Unfortunately your rally falls on the same week as the American Voyager Association Rally which is being held in Western NY this year. Since my wife will only ride on the Voyager, that will be the rally we are planning on attending. If something changes I will definitely keep NC as a backup. I do need to get the mean streak up there so I can earn my dragon decal.
          Well, you'd be welcomed regardless of which bike you bring. And since the new Voyagers ARE Vulcans you've got an in just due to the heritage of the bike.
          Old Crow (Bob)
          Lexington, KY
          1960 Vespa 150
          1964 Bridgestone 175
          1972 Suzuki GT380
          2005 1600 Classic
          2010 Nomad 1700
          2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"Map.jpg","src":"http:\/\/vulcanriders.us\/forum\/filedata\/fetch?filedataid=6849&type=full"**[/IMG2]

Comment

Hey David,

Welcome to the group....we look forward to chatting with here on the forum and meeting you in the future....hopefully you'll have to put your back-up plan into action

If you're interested in joining or starting a Vulcan riding club in your area, post a message here.

again, welcome to the group!
            Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
            Bullock
            Former VRA USA National President
            Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
            Crestview, Florida
            2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
            (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

welcome to the forum twowheel, you'll find out that these people here have loads of knowledge.

by the way, i think westren NY is haven snow that week, so you may want to decide on your backup plan...lol

Randy
              07 Classic 1500
              04 Mean Streak 1600
              The destination is merely a by-product of the journey.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Mitchell View Post
                And since the new Voyagers ARE Vulcans you've got an in just due to the heritage of the bike.
                The 01 Voyager is a 4 inline 4cyl. It predates the ones they cal Vulcan Voyager

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Myers View Post
                  I'm aware of that. Hence the reference to the "NEW" Voyagers and "heritage".
                  Old Crow (Bob)
                  Lexington, KY
                  1960 Vespa 150
                  1964 Bridgestone 175
                  1972 Suzuki GT380
                  2005 1600 Classic
                  2010 Nomad 1700
                  2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Myers View Post
                    Yes, the Voyager went from a 6 cylinder beast that was ahead of it's time to the 4 cylinder to the V twin. A lot of folks on the AVA forums were disapointed with this decision because they are inline 4 fans. As you can see by the bikes I currently own, I feel that each configuration brings something to the table. I have a one cylinder thumper, parallel twin, V-twin, and inline 4. I prefer the torque of the twins because I do not like to run at high RPMs very often. I will eventually own a Vulcan Voyager, but my 01 has very little value but many miles left on it so I will keep it for at least 3 more years.

Comment

That 6cyl was a monster! It looked like it wouldn't handle for crap but it would surprise you at its nimbleness. A couple we used to ride with had one and it would smoke my Venture Royale' if he felt brave. If I ever lose the Venture I want a 2000 or 2001 Voyager to replace it.
                      Having driven diesels and rode vtwins for over 40 years I too have an aversion to rpms, its a waste of motion.

Comment

I had #101 of the 1980 version of the KZ1300 with the vetter fairing and bags, which was what was to become the Voyager. Totaled it and a car when I went head on with the car in 1986.
                        Jim Sloan
                        AKA Odinn
                        Just outside of Bethlehem, GA
                        2003 H-D ElectraGlide Standard

Comment

Originally posted by Odinn View Post
                          I had #101 of the 1980 version of the KZ1300 with the vetter fairing and bags, which was what was to become the Voyager. Totaled it and a car when I went head on with the car in 1986.
                          Do you happen to have a picture of that motorcycle? I sure would like to see it. Definitely a fan of Vetter design.

Comment

Unfortunately, I don't, but my buddy who was my roommate at the time I owned it, MIGHT have a picture in one of his hundreds of boxes of photos that he has
                            Jim Sloan
                            AKA Odinn

Comment

Oh, and I do still have a KZ1300, 1979 version, mated to a vw for a reverse trike setup. Here's a picture of it as I brought it home.

http://gallery.sloanclan.org/v/Odinn...M0344.jpg.html

It needs work now, hasn't run in a couple of years.
                              Jim Sloan
                              AKA Odinn

Comment

Working...
                              X