Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Belfast vulcan rider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belfast vulcan rider

Hi and thanks for allowing me to join your site. I am an aging (67) biker who bought my first Vulcan 900 Classic last winter. Since then I have only ridden it about 20 miles before storing it. When i tried to start it I found the battery weak as expected. After charging it I tried again, Everything sounded OK...all the click and noises of everything waking up filled me with anticipation. Sadly all I got when I hit the start button was click, click, click rattling back at me. I did push start it but was clicking away again when I tried to restart it. Can any one please shed a light on this as I am eager to ride. thanks in advance...EDDIE

What a bummer! I assume you got a battery fully charged and ready to go and not one you have to add the acid to and charge first? I would double check your connections and if there is still just the click it is very possible you got a bad or discharged battery from wherever you purchased it from. I would take it back and have the battery load tested and make sure it is good. Probably not a bad idea to get yourself a battery tender for the winter time, or anytime you will not be riding for a long time.
    Randy - aka racinfan101
    Central IL Chapter 1-39 President
    2024/25 National President

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cent...?ref=bookmarks
    2002 Vulcan Drifter 800, 2010 Vulcan Nomad 1700, 2020 Kawasaki W800. Gone but not forgotten...2008 Vulcan Mean Streak, 2002 Vulcan Drifter 1500.

Comment

As Randy said it is most likely the battery. Do what Randy said above and hopefully with a fully charged battery or a new one it will be ok. If purchasing a new battery get a no maintenance one. A lor easier than the add acid ones. I have an '08 900 LT Classic and love it. You will love yours also once it is running properly. Welcome to the VRA forum. A lot of great people out here. I'm from Western Mass and the Non-Chapter President.
      sigpic

Comment

I t sounds like the battery. I've got a 900 lt doing the same thing even after setting the winter on a maintainer.
        Darrell Page
        Bluegrass Vulcan Riders 1-79
        Chapter President
        National Secretary

Comment

When a battery drains below 10 volts they typically won't recover. Older batteries have less of a chance of recovering. Time for a new battery.
          Bob Howley "ICE CUBE"
          2007 VN900 CUSTOM
          2020 1700 VOYAGER

Comment

Welcome to the group. No need to repeat what the others have already said. Hopefully you can get the battery charged or replaced and get back on the road!
            Patrick "Hotwheels" Sharon
            President Columbus Vulcan Riders Chapter 1-32
            Columbus, Oh
            National President 2020
            National Vice President 2019
            National Treasurer 2013 - 2015
            VROC Member # 34133
            2014 Vulcan Voyager
            2021 CanAm Spyder F3-Limited

2020 CanAm Spyder F3-Limited
            2009 Vulcan Voyager - Gone
            2002 1500 Mean Streak - Gone