Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Dubuque, IA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Dubuque, IA

Need more Iowans on Vulcans

Re: Hello from Dubuque, IA

Hello from Spirit Lake, on the opposite side of the state.
    Dave Petrick, CPP
    2005 Nomad 1600
    2009 CanAm Spyder SE5
    VROC #31371

Comment

Now, if only I can get you guys to move a little more toward the center of Iowa, we could get together for lunch.

I'm in Luzerne, IA, somewhere between Cedar Rapids and Marshaltown.

Comment

Im about 10 mins from coucil bluffs. would love to ride sometime, email me at airman401@hotmail.com
        William "Ryan" Pennington
        Combat Vets Association
        Vulcan Riders Association

1999 Harley Davidson Dyna LowRider

Comment

Mason City, Clear Lake area is kind of central. It's about 2 hours from Spirit Lake. Could be a nice Sunday ride.
          Dave Petrick, CPP
          2005 Nomad 1600
          2009 CanAm Spyder SE5
          VROC #31371

Comment

Let me know if you guys set up a ride, hopefully, I'll be able to make it. Be good to meet some Vulcan riders.

Comment

Hey..I'm kinda close to you...and I have my Nomad now!

Comment

Heathen, you're close enough for lunch someday. Also, the Vulcan rally in June (Father's Day weekend) in Boscobel, WI is coming up soon. If you've never been there, join us for a very fun weekend.

Camping is free at the city park, except for very small donation for porti-potties. Hotel space has been in short supply, but you can usually find something at either the Sands or the River Inn.

Comment

Nice to hear from everyone, I am going to pursue getting an Iowa Chapter Website, it would be nice to see who all could get together for a ride at some point. Thanks for the responses and I will be contacting Bob about getting the website up and running for Iowa. I would be up for getting together somewhere when the weather breaks.

Thanks Again..........Phil

Comment

Phil, I also have space on my account at Bluehost. Also, if we choose to use a Yahoo group because of the email aspect, Slicks has created a very good looking format for Yahoo. Also, if you guys need any help in creating a website, let me know. I may not be good, but have a lot of time to throw at it.

I forget which sites that use Slciks Yahoo format, but it is very creative.

Comment

Thanks Fly, I will let you know whats up after I speak with Bob. I've been snooping around other forums trying to see if I can create some more interest in our area, I'll keep you posted!

Thanks........Phil

Comment

Originally posted by PJM View Post
                        Thanks Fly, I will let you know whats up after I speak with Bob. I've been snooping around other forums trying to see if I can create some more interest in our area, I'll keep you posted!

Thanks........Phil
                        Phil,

Here's a link to the East River Mountain (WVa, VA) site. It's our standard Yahoo setup for chapters trying to get set up and going. The name would be customized to whatever your group wanted.

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/...erMountainVRA/

How many folks do you have lined up at this point? It may be time to go ahead and get a group set up for you. Be thinking of what you may want for a name......not locked in stone, it can be changed once you get going. You may want to start out as simply "Iowa Vulcan Riders Association" and perhaps update it if necessary after a couple of "meet and greets".
                        Old Crow (Bob)
                        Lexington, KY
                        1960 Vespa 150
                        1964 Bridgestone 175
                        1972 Suzuki GT380
                        2005 1600 Classic
                        2010 Nomad 1700
                        2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S
                        Past Kentucky Chapter President
                        National Vice President 2012

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"Map.jpg","src":"http:\/\/vulcanriders.us\/forum\/filedata\/fetch?filedataid=6849&type=full"**[/IMG2]

Comment

Hi Bob, I believe there are about 4-5 of us. A couple are current members of another Chapter. I checked on the link you provided and that would be fine just let me know how to proceed, when you think there is enough. I wasn't sure what the number should be before we start the Chapter. I will keep you posted if I have any additional interest.

Thanks.......Phil

Comment

Originally posted by PJM View Post
                            Hi Bob, I believe there are about 4-5 of us. A couple are current members of another Chapter. I checked on the link you provided and that would be fine just let me know how to proceed, when you think there is enough. I wasn't sure what the number should be before we start the Chapter. I will keep you posted if I have any additional interest.

Thanks.......Phil
                            Phil,

I think we'll go ahead and get a Yahoo site set up for you. I'm about to leave the house for a chapter meeting and I'll work on it this afternoon. I'll email or post here when it's set up and ready.
                            Old Crow (Bob)
                            Lexington, KY
                            1960 Vespa 150
                            1964 Bridgestone 175
                            1972 Suzuki GT380
                            2005 1600 Classic
                            2010 Nomad 1700
                            2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S
                            Past Kentucky Chapter President
                            National Vice President 2012

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"Map.jpg","src":"http:\/\/vulcanriders.us\/forum\/filedata\/fetch?filedataid=6849&type=full"**[/IMG2]

Comment

That would be great! Maybe you can help get an avatar set up? Struggling with my pics.

Phil

Comment

Working...
                              X