Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good Afternoon From 'Rado.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Afternoon From 'Rado.

Just purchased my first bike, 900 Classic, on Saturday. Its going to be unboxed tomorrow. Hope to have it by Wednesday. Might have to unroll the sleeping bag next to it and camp out in the garage.

..like that hasn't been done before.
    "I don't say we all ought to misbehave, but we ought to look as if we could."

O. Welles

Re: Good Afternoon From 'Rado.

Ha Ha, it's been many years since I got my first bike, but I still understand what you're talking about. Go ahead and do it, the wife will be too ashamed to tell anyone about it.

Comment

welcome to the group Gary...and Congrats on the NEW bike

Make sure you do a nut and bolt check on it when you get home, just to make sure they all got tightened...

Holler if you need anything and lbe sure to check out the Rally Page . . . would love to see you there on your sparkly new machine
      Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
      Bullock
      Former VRA USA National President
      Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
      Crestview, Florida
      2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
      (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

Ha! Derry I would love to be at the rally...can I learn how to ride it first?

..I do have the vacation time though.

O. Welles

Comment

Originally posted by GPymp View Post
          Ha! Derry I would love to be at the rally...can I learn how to ride it first?

..I do have the vacation time though.

First bike?? Taker slow...ask lots of questions, ride safe...los of FREE advice from a bunch of good folks here!!
          Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
          Bullock
          Crestview, Florida
          2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700

Comment

Originally posted by DaBull View Post
            First bike?? Taker slow...ask lots of questions, ride safe...los of FREE advice from a bunch of good folks here!!
            I am taking a rider safety course this coming Friday. http://mrtc-ridered.com/

Night riding nor passengers are on my to do list DB. I am thinking small mileage and short time on the seat goals first. Building up slowly.

O. Welles

Comment

DaBull has some good advice about checking the nuts and bolts when you ge it home, and every thousand miles or so for the first year.

We've several people here with some experience working on bikes and Vulcans, so feel free to ask question. Just remember that any advice is worth what you pay for it. A Clymer's or a factory manual is always nice to have, as it answers the technical questions you might have, and is wonderful for finding where the drains and fillers are.

Comment

Congrats on the new bike. We wont' mind if you trailer it down for the Rally. Enjoy sleeping next to your beauty, I certainly understand.
                Debi
                Former President 10 Years
                Kentucky Vulcan Riders 1-12
                Spyder Ryder in 2021!

Comment

Originally posted by Fly View Post
                  DaBull has some good advice about checking the nuts and bolts when you ge it home, and every thousand miles or so for the first year.

We've several people here with some experience working on bikes and Vulcans, so feel free to ask question. Just remember that any advice is worth what you pay for it. A Clymer's or a factory manual is always nice to have, as it answers the technical questions you might have, and is wonderful for finding where the drains and fillers are.
                  The shop I purchased the bike from has a 3 yr service program. I may opt into it. I can bring the bike in anytime for any service oil change/tune-ups etc and its covered. It also gives me service priority, in other words, my bike moves up in priority over non service program bikes. There is no additional labor charges either. One prepay price for 3 years..one and done.

O. Welles

Comment

For me, half the enjoyment of owning a bike is working on it, even doing the little things like changing oil, checking tire pressure and even changing my own tires. I also see it as a chance to become very familiar with all of the bike's various parts, where and how they fit together, besides, there isn't any mech that cares as much as the rider does about something coming loose or falling off.

Just IMHO, and you mileage may vary. Although there plan does seem attractive, depending on cost, as I'm also a cheap b*****d. I ain't frugal, or anything like that, I'm just cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Fly View Post

Just IMHO, and you mileage may vary. Although there plan does seem attractive, depending on cost, as I'm also a cheap b*****d. I ain't frugal, or anything like that, I'm just cheap.
                      I dont have a problen checking oil etc. Its when I have to service stuff. I will become more involved AFTER its past its warranty. The cost savings is over $700 in a three year period. Thats mucho grande denero for you frugal bass-tards who speak French.

O. Welles

Comment

Sounds like you got a good deal, something even us 'cheap b*****ds' could appreciate. Good on you, wish I could have gotten the same deal.

Comment

Its Here!

My bike was delivered yesterday and she is sitting elegantly in her specific space in the garage...err..I mean palace.

O. Welles

Comment

2009 900 Classic

O. Welles

Comment

Originally posted by GPymp View Post

2009 900 Classic

Purrty machine....i bet she won't be lonely in her sleeping place for a while..careful though, i hear at day break she snores like a gorilla
                              Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
                              Bullock
                              Crestview, Florida
                              2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700

Comment

Working...
                              X