Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from MN, First Bike and First Kawa.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from MN, First Bike and First Kawa.

Just picked up my new 09 Vulcan 900 Custom over the weekend. I've already put in over 300+ miles. Pass my MSF course last autumn and went out looking for a bike but it was at the end of the riding season so I waited until this year. Found a good deal on a 900 Custom and jumped on it.

Glad to be here on this forum and hope to learn a thing or two from all of you whose had years of riding experience. Looking forward to group gatherings in the local area as well.

Thanks,

Vic

09 Vulcan 900 Custom ~Candy Burnt Orange

Re: Hello from MN, First Bike and First Kawa.

Welcome, nice ride.
    sigpic

Comment

Vic, you've already got the learning from the MSF course, that takes many people years to learn. Keep the material around and refer to it every once in awhile.

That being said, welcome aboard, you've picked the best looking model of a great new Vulcan with the 900C. Big enough to comfortable cruise at interstate speeds plus, with very good gas mileage. My 900C is black, a color which I prefer, but the red ones are also very attractive.

There's not a chapter real close to you, the Greater Midwest chapter in La Crosse, WI is the closest, but they are a good bunch to ride with. If you are interested, go to the main web site at www.vulcanriders.us and click on the logo that's located at La Crosse.

If not, you're still very welcome to the forum, kick back, grab a beer or whatever, and join the conversations.

Comment

welcome to the group Yo

Nice sparkly machine you have there! I know you'll enjoy the ride.

Make sure you check out the Rally Page about our Annual Rally in July ...would love to meet you there

Be sure to holler if you need anything - good folks here!
        Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
        Bullock
        Former VRA USA National President
        Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
        Crestview, Florida
        2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
        (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

Thanks for the welcome and tips. I'll check out some of the other link provided as well.

Comment

Welcome Yosmiley!

Great bunch of folks here, always willing to lend a hand or offer great advice.

Hope to meet you at the Rally! Very nice looking shiny bike you have. I'm partial to red as well. It just grows on you after awhile.
            Debi
            Former President 10 Years
            Kentucky Vulcan Riders 1-12
            Spyder Ryder in 2021!

Comment

Welcone from the Mohawk Valley in upstate NY. The bike looks fantastic. Enjoy the ride.
              Albie Salsburg (1700 Rider)
              2009 Vulcan Voyager
              V&H Slipons
              Thunder MFG Air Kit
              "Ivan's Re-Flash"

Comment

Vic,

Welcome to the forum, and good luck with the new bike. Although it's not new, I got my first bike in a long time last August and have been having a ball. Ride safe, stay within your limits and take it easy until you start getting more comfortable. There's no substitute for seat time in getting your confidence up.

If you are interested in trying to get a chapter started in your immediate area, post here and we'll help you get things started.
                Old Crow (Bob)
                Lexington, KY
                1960 Vespa 150
                1964 Bridgestone 175
                1972 Suzuki GT380
                2005 1600 Classic
                2010 Nomad 1700
                2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S
                Past Kentucky Chapter President
                National Vice President 2012

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"Map.jpg","src":"http:\/\/vulcanriders.us\/forum\/filedata\/fetch?filedataid=6849&type=full"**[/IMG2]

Comment

Thanks for the welcome again everyone. Just an update to my ride... did my first oil change at 700+ miles. The bike's almost at 1000 mile mark as of this writing.

I couldn't leave stock alone... so this past weekend, drove an hour north to Dennis Kirk (Rush City, MN) and spent some $$$$$. Got myself a Mustang vintage single piece seat plus all things Cobra engine guard, saddle bag guard, sissybar back rest for the miss and a luggage rack for the sissybar. Now I'm waiting for my next pay check to pick up a Memphis Big Shot windshield and the no tools trigger lock gears for the shield. Maybe next season I'll look at an air kit and Cobra 2-1 exhaust.

Now the bike looks different and bulky... I'll take pix and post up soon.

The Mustang seat install was a headaches for a bit... after a few trial and error... I was able to put several spacers to settle the seat down on lock.

Comment

welcome to the forums, lots of good people here, with years of riding under their belts.
                    and sounds like you have gotten bitten by the accessories bug.

Randy
                    07 Classic 1500
                    04 Mean Streak 1600
                    The destination is merely a by-product of the journey.

Comment

Good grief, it didn't take you very long to get a bad case of "CLAP"

Don't worry, it get's worse.

Comment

the before and after pix... there isn't much to look at except for the small additional add on.

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

That's a sharp looking Custom!

Comment

Working...
                            X