Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Forum

Hello from Alabama, anyone else here from Bama also?

Re: New to Forum

Hell ya, up here in Huntsville.
    sigpic

Comment

Hey Halstrom
      Dang if that don't look like a darned old BamaRides tee shirt your wearing LOL, Heck lets get this new chapter off the ground, tell all the Vulcan riders you know to join us in getting this chapter up and running.
      ghostrider

Comment

welcome to the group ghostrider! I see you met Hal and and aiming at a Bama chapter, awesome

Bob Mitchel, our Chapter Coordinator should be along to help ya'll out - Hal already knows the process as he is a Bama implant.

Make sure you checkout our RALLY PAGE, we have our Annual Rally in July this year over near the dragon.

Holler if you need anything and again, welcome
        Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
        Bullock
        Former VRA USA National President
        Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
        Crestview, Florida
        2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
        (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

if you want to meet up let me know where and when (a easy place for me to find) as i dont know to many places yet. any time is good for me right now.
          sigpic

Comment

Welcome Ghostrider!! I too am from Alabama but way down on the south end. Im about 30 miles North of Mobile. I'm a member of the NW FL chapter 1-6. Glad to have some more folks from AL on board.
            Robby D
            NW FL VRA 1-6
            Treasurer
            Citronelle,AL
            '02 Nomad

sigpic

Comment

Thanks

Thanks to everyone for the invite and the warm welcome, I don't just feel that this can and will be a good chapter I know it will. HalStrom we will get together here very soon and see if we can't start laying a pathway out for this Chapter and maybe do a little riding at the same time while we are at it.

Comment

Great, just let me know.
                sigpic

Comment

Re: Thanks

Originally posted by Ghostrider View Post
                  Thanks to everyone for the invite and the warm welcome, I don't just feel that this can and will be a good chapter I know it will. HalStrom we will get together here very soon and see if we can't start laying a pathway out for this Chapter and maybe do a little riding at the same time while we are at it.
                  Ghostrider,

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you before this, but I've had some fires to put out over the past couple of days. Here is a LINK to our "Start a Chapter page which will give you some ideas for how to contact members.

Give some thought as to what you would like to call the chapter. "Central Alabama Vulcan Riders", or "Alabama Vulcan Riders", or something similar. Once you decide, and have a few email addresses of folks who might be interested, let me know and we'll set up a customized Yahoo Group for you to use for initial discussions and to get yourselves organized. Also, check your email for a link to a video with some ideas on gathering email addresses of folks in your area.

Bob Mitchell
                  VRA Chapter Coordinator
                  chaptercoordinator@vulcanriders.us
                  Old Crow (Bob)
                  Lexington, KY
                  1960 Vespa 150
                  1964 Bridgestone 175
                  1972 Suzuki GT380
                  2005 1600 Classic
                  2010 Nomad 1700
                  2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S
                  Past Kentucky Chapter President
                  National Vice President 2012

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"Map.jpg","src":"http:\/\/vulcanriders.us\/forum\/filedata\/fetch?filedataid=6849&type=full"**[/IMG2]

Comment

Originally posted by RobbyD911 View Post
                    Welcome Ghostrider!! I too am from Alabama but way down on the south end. Im about 30 miles North of Mobile. I'm a member of the NW FL chapter 1-6. Glad to have some more folks from AL on board.
                    Hey, Robby,

I lived in Mobile for almost 25 years, worked at one of the chemical plants on US 43 in Axis, AL. I've got a friend who I worked with there the entire time who lives in Citronelle. Do you know a Glenn McCree?
                    Old Crow (Bob)
                    Lexington, KY
                    1960 Vespa 150
                    1964 Bridgestone 175
                    1972 Suzuki GT380
                    2005 1600 Classic
                    2010 Nomad 1700
                    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"Map.jpg","src":"http:\/\/vulcanriders.us\/forum\/filedata\/fetch?filedataid=6849&type=full"**[/IMG2]

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Mitchell View Post
                      Hey, Robby,

I lived in Mobile for almost 25 years, worked at one of the chemical plants on US 43 in Axis, AL. I've got a friend who I worked with there the entire time who lives in Citronelle. Do you know a Glenn McCree?

Well I do just happen to know Glen, and if you know Glen, Im sure you know Gerry McLendon. (Im assuming you worked at Atofina) Gerry doesn't live in Citronelle but he is my cousin. Wow what a small world!!
                      Robby D
                      NW FL VRA 1-6
                      Treasurer
                      Citronelle,AL
                      '02 Nomad

sigpic

Comment

Well I do just happen to know Glen, and if you know Glen, Im sure you know Gerry McLendon. (Im assuming you worked at Atofina) Gerry doesn't live in Citronelle but he is my cousin. Wow what a small world!!

how cool is that
                        Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
                        Bullock
                        Former VRA USA National President
                        Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
                        Crestview, Florida
                        2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
                        (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

It is a small world indeed. Gerry and Glen were both original hires when the plant opened back in 1981, and I transferred down there from another Atofina location. Are they both still there or did they retire by now? I worked for Atofina for 29 years, at three different sites. Took early retirement in 2004. One of those "yes, you WILL be taking retirement" situations.

Say hi to both of them for me, and tell Glen I finally convinced my wife to let me get a bike. Back in the day he used to ride too. Long time ago.
                          Old Crow (Bob)
                          Lexington, KY
                          1960 Vespa 150
                          1964 Bridgestone 175
                          1972 Suzuki GT380
                          2005 1600 Classic
                          2010 Nomad 1700
                          2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S

Comment

Working...
                          X