Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yep, I'm a newbie.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep, I'm a newbie.

Just got signed up today to get in touch with some other Vulcan riders. I'd like your feelings on your ride, pro's and con's. I bought mine about a 1 1/2 ago to ride back and forth to work, I've been riding since I was 16 and had gotten out of street bikes due to a wife who didn't care for them ( my new wife loves to ride ).Anyway, I've got the 900 LT Classic and love the bike except for the seat. Its has to be the worst thing I've ever set on and was wondering if the gel seat was a big improvement or should I have someone redo the seat thats on it. I'm not a big person, my weight is 160 so improvement should not be a big deal. Just wondering which way will work the best. Give your thoughts or what you have done to improve yours.
    I ride because the voices in my head tell me to.

Re: Yep, I'm a newbie.

Hi Lonnie, welcome to the group...lots of good folks here and many with your bike so I'm sure they will be along to comment

Just as a opinion, if your seat aint right, fix it...i'd get it to someone to rework the foam

Make sure you get in touch with the Charlotte Chapter as they are within striking distance of ya

Make sure you check out the RALLY PAGE too, July in Stecoah NC.

Again, welcome to the group....holler if you need anything
    Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
    Bullock
    Former VRA USA National President
    Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
    Crestview, Florida
    2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
    (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

Lonnie, I've got the 900 Custom, and have had 5 other Vulcans, all 1500cc. I find the 900 a very nice ride, enough power for the interstates and it handles great in the corners. I'd have purchased the 900 LT, but got far too good a deal on the Custom.

Welcome aboard, there are several other 900 LT owners here. All stock seats suck. As DaBull suggests, I usually find that simply reshaping the stock foam does wonders for the ride. Plus the honest truth is that until you've put some miles on you butt, it's going to feel the burn regardless of what seat you on. The passenger's seat can always use improvements, and for me, the Mustang seat is the best choice.

Comment

I would check out Mustang seats. I do not personally own one, but have heard nothing but good things.
        William "Ryan" Pennington
        Combat Vets Association
        Vulcan Riders Association

1999 Harley Davidson Dyna LowRider

Comment

i have a mustang, and personally FOR ME it was a wasted $600. I am still giving it the benefit of the doubt, but am seriously considering going back to stock seat (after getting it refoamed)
          Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
          Bullock
          Former VRA USA National President
          Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
          Crestview, Florida
          2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
          (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

Getting your seat reformed is a lot cheaper than a new seat. Check out www.meancitycycles.com .

I personally have not used them, but have talked to many people on other forums that have and are very satisfied with the end results.

I replaced my stock seat within a couple hundred miles, with a Saddlemen from www.meancycles.com .
            If you are considering an after market seat, check out www.amazon.com . Somtimes they have a good selection of seats from various venders at good prices, or you could use one of the price-search sites.

Comment

cant remember their name but there's a place in mrytle beach that will recover, add foam ,and a gel pad for around $150.00

i've got 2 friends that had theirs done last month. they look and feel good and a good price at that. i'll talk to them today and get the name and number. just send me a message and i'll give the info.

Randy
              07 Classic 1500
              04 Mean Streak 1600
              The destination is merely a by-product of the journey.

Comment

Thanks for the info, I have a friend here in Winston that does custom car interiors and he said he would look at the seat, I was thinking if there was a good aftermarket seat out I might try it if it looks good and has good reviews. I've been riding this bike for 1 1/2 years now and the seat just is not getting any better. The foam seams to be really thin with out any support but I'll get it right.
                I ride because the voices in my head tell me to.

Comment

The best thing I did was buy a Mustang seat with a backrest for my 07 Classic 900!

Comment

My purchased my '05 800 classic used with a Mustang Vintage wide touring with backrest already installed. If it hadn't come with the bike I don't know if I would have forked out the six bills for it but I'm very pleased with it. It's comfortable and has held up well so far. I definitely like the adjustable backrest on it.
                    Andrew Morse
                    Portland, OR
                    2005 Vulcan 800 Classic
                    VROC #31021

Comment

Working...
                    X