Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: advice please

Here in Kentucky it's about $175
    Old Crow (Bob)
    Lexington, KY
    1960 Vespa 150
    1964 Bridgestone 175
    1972 Suzuki GT380
    2005 1600 Classic
    2010 Nomad 1700
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S
    Past Kentucky Chapter President
    National Vice President 2012

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"Map.jpg","src":"http:\/\/vulcanriders.us\/forum\/filedata\/fetch?filedataid=6849&type=full"**[/IMG2]

Comment

I like that price a bit more lol. Wish it were something sponsored for national safety and paid for, for initial training and dated follow on training. Or am I making too much sense in asking Big Sam to fork up some cash so fewer people injur themselves and others cause they don't know what they are doing?
      "for those who fight for it, Freedom has a special flavor the Protected never experience"
      Written by an unkown Marine on an MRE during the Battle of Khe Sahn.

Comment

$275 here. It includes road test for license.
        Albie Salsburg (1700 Rider)
        2009 Vulcan Voyager
        V&H Slipons
        Thunder MFG Air Kit
        "Ivan's Re-Flash"

Comment

Yeah when I passed the Basic Rider's Course(BRC) sponsored by MSF certed employees we received a DMV driving test waiver. kinda cool. But we all could have passed the test easily after the course.
          "for those who fight for it, Freedom has a special flavor the Protected never experience"
          Written by an unkown Marine on an MRE during the Battle of Khe Sahn.

Comment

25$ in Cincinnati...waiting list, of course!

Comment

Hi Bat, fellow Cincinnatian here..well Harrison..
              My Ride:
              2005 Vulcan 800 Classic
              My Band:
              www.myspace.com/rumbleclub
              www.rumbleclub.com

Comment

Fly, I know it isn't quite the same but a friend of mine also has had two knee replacements and knows she can't hold up a cycle, so she had a Suzuki 1500 made into a trike, and is delighted to be able to ride again. It's a thought.

Comment

Hi Mohawk...I see you're a musician..banjo and drums and what else? I play a little banjo but just strum tenor, no picking...never learned how to do that, but I love it!
                  Mostly stick to uke, easier on the fingers.
                  my partner is a great percussionist and drummer, tympani, too...love well-played drums! I really am an old bat, and haven't ridden my new bike much...either raining or too hot...and I'll feel a lot better after the 2nd week in August when I have gone through the MSF course. And the 750 site has me scared to death to ride too far without getting the splines lubed, and moving the r/r. I did get a MF gel battery and iridium plugs, use Seafoam, and hope for the best...it really does run quite well.
                  But notwithstanding, yeah, I'd like to ride a nice scenic loop around Cinci, if there is one!

Comment

Bat, the Banjo was my grandfathers, it's mostly a decorative family airloom.
                    I did learn how to tune it and learned a few chords.
                    As for drumming I've been playing the drums for 30 years.
                    I play in a band called Rumble Club.

we play shows around cincinnati and NKY.

There are some great riding roads out here in Harrison.
                    I'm right on the border of Indiana and the scenery is great.
                    I am new to riding myself . I have my temps and am waiting till after the MSF course in sept to get my full endorsement. I don't ride on the highway but, I have no problem getting around . When the cincinnati chapter sets up a ride I'll try to make it, and look foreward to meeting all of you.
                    -Mark
                    My Ride:
                    2005 Vulcan 800 Classic
                    My Band:
                    www.rumbleclub.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bat View Post
                      Fly, I know it isn't quite the same but a friend of mine also has had two knee replacements and knows she can't hold up a cycle, so she had a Suzuki 1500 made into a trike, and is delighted to be able to ride again. It's a thought.

A good friend of mine has also had both knees replaced and is just getting over therapy. He's now very comfortable riding all 3 of this bikes, a Nomad, a V-strom and even the very top heavy Concours. So there is hope that your lady friend will find that she can ride a bike.

Comment

Originally posted by Slicks View Post
                        Hey Thomas, isn't the MSF course free in your state? I thought it was free everywhere. ??
                        Not in AZ it isn't. I paid $225 for the BRC in 2007. Still, it was money well spent. I hadn't ridden much for 25 years and would recommend the BRC to anyone.

I bought a 2005 Suzuki C50T in March of 2007 (805 cc) to get started riding again. 6 months later, I was wanting something bigger and better, so I traded it in on a new Nomad and haven't regretted it one bit.
                        Scott "Cactusjack" Hanks
                        VRA AZ 1-15
                        KawaNOW #105
                        VROC #25171

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Slicks View Post
                          Hey Thomas, isn't the MSF course free in your state? I thought it was free everywhere. ??
                          I think Jenn paid around $200.00 for hers and it was the beginners class.

Comment

Originally posted by Mohawk Grenade View Post
                            Bat, the Banjo was my grandfathers, it's mostly a decorative family airloom.
                            I did learn how to tune it and learned a few chords.
                            As for drumming I've been playing the drums for 30 years.
                            I play in a band called Rumble Club.

we play shows around cincinnati and NKY.

There are some great riding roads out here in Harrison.
                            I'm right on the border of Indiana and the scenery is great.
                            I am new to riding myself . I have my temps and am waiting till after the MSF course in sept to get my full endorsement. I don't ride on the highway but, I have no problem getting around . When the cincinnati chapter sets up a ride I'll try to make it, and look foreward to meeting all of you.
                            -Mark
                            I like your version of Twilight Zone from Golden Earring.

I hear a lot Johnny Cash in your music, along with Ghost Riders in the Sky. (forgot who did the original, brain fart on my part)

I like that 50's rockabilly sound.

Comment

"Ghost Riders" have been around for a very long time. Tex Ritter and the "Sons of the Pioneers" did the first version that I heard.

Comment

I was 51 when I got back on a bike after 30 years. I ended up with a 900LT because it was the most comfortable of all the bikes I looked at. I wanted something small enough to use around town and big enough for longer trips. The 900 fit the bill. I does struggle a little at the top end on Interstates, but I prefer the back roads anyway. Use the seat of your pants (and the wallet contained within) as a judge, I think you'll be happy with the 900. On a note: take the MSF course, I'm glad I did after so many years. Welcome back to the open road.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X