Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

newbie from the UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie from the UK

Hi all.
    Now the proud owner of a 1500 Classic Tourer in two tone green (easier on the eye than it sounds )
    Build quality is excellent, and she still looks a million dollars at 9yrs old.
    I used and browsed this site whilst I had my 800 and 1500 Drifters, gave advice where I could, but learned a lot more....

Whilst there are a few VN's in the UK, your parts market is fantastic compared to ours.
    With that in mind, I have two requests.
    Not something I would normally do on my first recent post to a site, but....

1) Because I'm getting on , and don't carry a 10mm socket and ratchet around in my pocket, I've been trying to translate Gadgets 'quick release' part no's for the bolts and thumbwheels relating to the seat, screen and bags to UK part no's, with no luck.
    The UK suppliers want minimum orders of at least £30($50) and don't like supplying single shrimp like me.
    Can anyone help by purchasing the parts for me?

2) I would like to do the 'coyote' mod, but i can only get hold of the 8.5" K&N (very expensive in the UK at $90). The moroso cover is also a ridiculous price in the UK ($95). Would someone be willing to give me a price and, once agreed, buy the K&N filter and the Moroso cover for me please?

I'm willing to pay up front, inc shipping, and at your convenience.
    Any and all help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by ianh; 05-29-2010, 06:36 AM.
    Ride safe
    Ian
    99' VN1500 Classic Tourer
    97' Audi 2.8 Cabriolet

Re: newbie from the UK

Ian, have you checked with the VRA group there in the UK, and even the other VRA groups in Europe? They might be able to steer you to a place to purchase these item, plus shipping would be a lot faster and easier between you.

When I was first playing around with changing the air intake on my G/G Nomad (Classic Tourer), I found a very cheap car filter kit, with a chrome filter cover and paper filter. Not quite as free flowing as the K&N, but I still had to replace the main carb jet. I left the stock filter and air system intact when I did this, just to make sure it was what I wanted. I later just added the K&N filter under the cheap chrome cover that I'd bought and removed the air crossover tube.

Know what you mean about the looks of the green/green Classic Tourer, or the Nomad as it was sold over here. I was riding a Vulcan 750 and walked into my local dealer and saw they on the showroom floor and just had to have it. Before that, I'd have thought those 2 different shades of green would look terrible on a bike, by Mama Kaw had a great idea there.

Comment

Working...
    X