Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Cincinnati

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Cincinnati

Hi guys,
    My name is Joe and I live just south of Cincinnati, OH in a town called Florence, KY. My background is military and law enforcement. I was a Fleet Marine Force Corpsman (medic) pretty much since I was 19 between active and reserve duty. I served 2 tours in Iraq before deciding enough was enough. I currently work for the Ohio and Kentucky Departments of Transportation as a Firefighter/Emergency medical Technician/Mechanic patrolling the interstates in and around Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky. I'm also a volunteer for 2 seperate fire departments in the area, hoping to eventually get a paid position and get off the interstates.

I am on my 2nd Vulcan and loving it. My first was a 1999 Vulcan Classic and I now have a 2009 Vulcan 900 Classic LT.

I joined this forum to meet others who share the passion for not only motorcycles, but the Vulcan in particular. I would love to meet others in the immediate area for rides and activities.

Feel free to email or call me anytime. You can call me Joe, or 'Doc' as I've gone by for years.

Looking forward to what this association has to offer and how I can contribute.

Joe Ryan
    Florence, KY

Joe Ryan 'Doc'
    Founding President, Cincinnati Vulcan Riders
    VROC # 32459 / 1999 Vulcan Nomad 1500
    Florence, KY

Re: Hello from Cincinnati

woooot woooooot! welcome aboard bro

and

<<<SA-LUUUUUUUUUUTE>>> for your service
    Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
    Bullock
    Former VRA USA National President
    Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
    Crestview, Florida
    2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
    (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

Welcome Joe, as best I remember there are maybe 4 or5 guys in your area I have become aquainted with, maybe they'll poke their heads in and say howdy too.
      In the mean time, if you want to ride just say so and the wife (Tkaye460) and I would love to meet up and ride with you. We've met lots of Vulcan riders from Louisville and Ashland area for rides, always looking to broaden our ride areas. Actually unreal how many Vulcans there are around.

Comment

Paris, KY huh? I go down to the Armed Forces Reserve Center in Lexington every once in a while as I'm the Medical Officer for the US Navy's youth program there.We'll definately have to hook up sometime. I'll PM my contact info.

Joe
        Joe Ryan 'Doc'
        Founding President, Cincinnati Vulcan Riders
        VROC # 32459 / 1999 Vulcan Nomad 1500
        Florence, KY

Comment

My business is located at the next exit, presuming you go to the one off Leestown.

Comment

Hi Joe, I'm new here as well..I live in Harrison, Ohio.
            There are some great country roads for riding out here !
            I am still riding on my temps so I have to stay off of the Interstates.
            I take the MSF safty sourse in Sept then I'll get my full endorsement.
            I saw that you are starting a Cincinnati area chapter?
            I have tried to join the yahoo page but I'm not having any luck.
            Maby we could meet at a bike night sometime?
            -Mark
            My Ride:
            2005 Vulcan 800 Classic
            My Band:
            www.myspace.com/rumbleclub
            www.rumbleclub.com

Comment

Working...
            X