Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello there

What's going on guys? Just thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Dan, I'm 19 and live in Topeka Kansas. I own a 1995 Vulcan 750. It's my first Still learning the ropes. I love it.

I would upload a picture, but my computer is being a pain. I will have to upload one later.

But anyways, that's me.
    sigpic

Re: Hello there

Welcome to the forum Dan
    Dan
    Dan Hermans
    Vulcan 1700 Voyager Trike

VROC 23134

Comment

welcome to the group Dan Looking forward to chattin with you here and hopefully meeting you in the future...its gonna be kinda quiet round here for the next week or so as we will be at our Annual Rally....would love to see you there if you could make it!

Holler if you need anything!
      Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
      Bullock
      Former VRA USA National President
      Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
      Crestview, Florida
      2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
      (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

Welcom Dan. This is a great group of guys and maybe someday you can start a chapter of your own there in Kansas. I see you have a VN750. Great bikes. I have 2, a 93' and an 01' These bikes can be a little ornery and if you need any technical help I have lots of experience with them and there is a site that deals strickly with the VN750s www.VN750.com You can get all kinds of ideas as to what you want to do with your bike to personalize it and improve the performence.
        sigpic
        Keep the shiny side up and the rubber side down.
        Lewis Estes
        Independent rider Central Maine

Comment

welcome to the forum, lots of good people here.

Randy
          07 Classic 1500
          04 Mean Streak 1600
          The destination is merely a by-product of the journey.

Comment

Originally posted by Graybeard View Post
            Welcome to the forum Dan
            Dan
            Thanks man. Good name by the way.

Originally posted by DaBull View Post
            welcome to the group Dan Looking forward to chattin with you here and hopefully meeting you in the future...its gonna be kinda quiet round here for the next week or so as we will be at our Annual Rally....would love to see you there if you could make it!

Holler if you need anything!
            That would be awesome, but with my work schedule I don't know if I could do that right now. But I for sure want to in the future. But for now, I'll just be hanging around here.

Originally posted by baldy View Post
            Welcom Dan. This is a great group of guys and maybe someday you can start a chapter of your own there in Kansas. I see you have a VN750. Great bikes. I have 2, a 93' and an 01' These bikes can be a little ornery and if you need any technical help I have lots of experience with them and there is a site that deals strickly with the VN750s www.VN750.com You can get all kinds of ideas as to what you want to do with your bike to personalize it and improve the performence.

You got that right haha. I love my bike. But I have a pretty embarrassing story about it...

The day I bought it, my buddy and I and his wife, had to drive about 45 minutes to an hour south of Topeka to get to it. We just wanted to take it for a spin. Well it 'seemed' to be running sound when my buddy tested it, so we made the deal. Paid for it in cash and we were on our way.

Well we made a stop at the local gas station. We were getting spooked because we saw some pretty mean clouds coming our way. My buddy was the one that road it, (because I didn't know quite how yet...).

Well about 5 minutes on the road it dies...multiple times. Acting like it wasn't getting gas. So we called the guy we just bought it from. He pretty much said, 'well you bought it I don't know what to tell you' and left us hanging in the middle of no where, on the side of a 2 lane high way with a storm coming our way...

Long story kinda short, we had to tow it back...which wasn't as expensive as I thought it'd be. And we finally got to work on it about 2 weeks of owning it, (finally had enough money to fix it.)

It was the petcock...Still have no idea why they had to name it that... But we ordered a new one, and she ran pretty after that. Running good ever sence

So yes... Just like everyone says...I won't forget my first bike. It was a pain, but I still love it.

Originally posted by ibeme151 View Post
            welcome to the forum, lots of good people here.
            Thanks.
            sigpic

Comment

Oh and finally got a picture.

This was at the gas station, shortly after buying it. Before the big embarrassing mess...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lister View Post
                Oh and finally got a picture.

This was at the gas station, shortly after buying it. Before the big embarrassing mess...

Very nice bike. Welcome to the board, lots of great folks here always willing to lend a hand, advice or just good fun. Make yourself at home!
                Debi
                Former President 10 Years
                Kentucky Vulcan Riders 1-12
                Spyder Ryder in 2021!

Comment

Welcome, I got to meet several of the members at the rally. Great bunch of people to know. Ther is a lot of information available, Just ask if you have any questions about your bike or anything else.
                  Albie Salsburg (1700 Rider)
                  2009 Vulcan Voyager
                  V&H Slipons
                  Thunder MFG Air Kit
                  "Ivan's Re-Flash"

Comment

Welcome to the forum Dan. It's always good to see younger blood on here.

She's a pretty one. My friend has an 800 Classic but always lusted after a 750. (The wife wanted to ride behind and preferred the 800).

That's a great choice for your first bike. Did you take the MSF course?
                    John Featherlin
                    Webmaster vulcanriders.us 2007-2016
                    International Chapter Coordinator 2009-2016
                    Forum Admin 2007-2016
                    USA Chapter Coordinator 2007-2016
                    National President 2007-2010
                    National Vice President 2006
                    National Secretary 2011-2012

Comment

There is another reason the 750 and many bikes seem like they are not getting fuel. It is called POOGS (phantom out of gas syndrome). It is cause by the vent in your tank being plugged. On the 750 it is under the gas cap. Use comressed air and carb cleaner to clean the tube (cover tank with a rag) and remove the cap (tape the large hole so not to drop the screws or O-rings into the tank) the tube runs from the bottom of the tank and down under the bike in front of the battery box. Also using the red tube on a can of carb cleaner spray into each hole on the underside of the cap. Cleaner should spray out of each hole. This will keep the venting system clean and good to do periodically.
                      sigpic
                      Keep the shiny side up and the rubber side down.
                      Lewis Estes
                      Independent rider Central Maine

Comment

Working...
                      X