Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Member From Tracy, CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member From Tracy, CA

I just bought a Vulcan Nomad 1600. I am excited! Gonna take the correct actions, helmet, boots, leathers, insurance and a good Motorcycle safety refresher course, then hit the back roads. I use to ride the Goldwing years ago and got the itch to ride again. I little nervous, but I am taking it slow.
    Any suggestions?
    Sista Monica

Re: New Member From Tracy, CA

Hey Sista, welcome to the forum.

A refresher course is a great idea. 1st skill to fade is panic stopping (plus it's a different bike). It'll take practice to bring that Nomad to a stop in a hurry without locking up the rear wheel. They'll practice that it in MSF but you should practice it regularly afterward in like an empty church parking lot to keep the skill up to snuff should you ever need it.

Don't even sweat "being rusty". The riding part will only seem slightly odd at first but it will all come back very quickly. By the end of the first day, you'll be back at 90% and by the end of the week, it'll seem like you never stopped riding.

Congrats on the Nomad. I'm sure you'll love it. (I can picture the grin now)
    John Featherlin
    Webmaster vulcanriders.us 2007-2016
    International Chapter Coordinator 2009-2016
    Forum Admin 2007-2016
    USA Chapter Coordinator 2007-2016
    National President 2007-2010
    National Vice President 2006
    National Secretary 2011-2012

Comment

NICE Choice of bikes Sista!!!

Take your time out there...same folks that were trying to run ya down back then are still on the road---but older!!

Nomads a solid bike and she (he?) won't fail ya

I like the idea of the Riders course too, it will help you refine them old skills

Welcome to the group! Holler if you need anything!
      Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
      Bullock
      Former VRA USA National President
      Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
      Crestview, Florida
      2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
      (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

Welcome to the forum! look around, and make youself at home. the Nomads a fine bike and will give you good service.

if you need any help, there are some great people here that will do all they can..

Randy
        07 Classic 1500
        04 Mean Streak 1600
        The destination is merely a by-product of the journey.

Comment

Working...
        X