Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Oklahoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Oklahoma

Hi all... I am pretty much just starting out.. again.. after about 30 years off of a bike...my first was a late 70's Honda 400... I am now the proud owner of a '92 VN750.. love this bike... I have been rebuilding it from a basket case I baught about 2 years ago...I took it back to stock and am now doing a bunch of Mods and a bit of custom work on it (waiting on some carb parts now)... looking forward to lots of miles and smiles with this bike... she looks a bit ruff in the pic below but is on her way .. doing an "Ear Shave" VN900 seat (have to mod it to fit right) and a paint job.

Re: Hello from Oklahoma

Welcome to the VRA, there's lots of great people here that will help you all they can. be sure to check out the links and tech pages for help with your bike.

Gadgets page has some good info for the 750 also!

Randy
    07 Classic 1500
    04 Mean Streak 1600
    The destination is merely a by-product of the journey.

Comment

Welcome to the group!

Good luck on the rebuild, wish I had that kind of skill. Hope we get to see your finished product at the rally in July
      Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
      Bullock
      Former VRA USA National President
      Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
      Crestview, Florida
      2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
      (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

Welcome! Make sure to browse the state forums and find the Green Country chapter of the VRA! We're in your neck of the woods!!!

Wish I had the skills you're using on the rebuild as well. I'm limited to simpler things like oil changes and tire pressures. I do pretty well when it comes to lashing down a tour bag too, LOL!
        Riding Redemption all over Oklahoma... 21,000 miles and counting!
        sigpic
        B.A.C.A. Member, Oklahoma Chapter

Comment

Welcome, there are a few of us who were off bikes for a while and got back into riding. Post some pics of the bike soon.
          Albie Salsburg (1700 Rider)
          2009 Vulcan Voyager
          V&H Slipons
          Thunder MFG Air Kit
          "Ivan's Re-Flash"

Comment

Welcome aboard. The 750 is a great bike, the only issue is the weak output of the alternator. Don't try and overload it.

Comment

Welcome to the forum Clock. I'm sure you'll have a ton of fun on that. They haul ass.
              John Featherlin
              Webmaster vulcanriders.us 2007-2016
              International Chapter Coordinator 2009-2016
              Forum Admin 2007-2016
              USA Chapter Coordinator 2007-2016
              National President 2007-2010
              National Vice President 2006
              National Secretary 2011-2012

Comment

Thanks all....yeah I have been on the VN750 forum sight for about a year now...most all of my "skills" come from those guys..LOL...and its a pretty simple bike so not to difficult.. part run high due to the fact that they are not made anymore.... The electrical I am boosting up...having the stator rebuilt by TPE and installing a MOSFET FH12AA R/R kit that will allow the bike to charge at idle as well as be able to run whatever I want at anytime....when she was running right that little bike would scream for sure.

Comment

Here is what she looked like when I picked her up... big time ruff!.. but hey it cost me $175..LOL

And her she is as she was before the new tear down.

I still have a long ways to go.. but hey.. its a long winter in Oklahoma.

Comment

Hey clock, welcome aboard and back to riding. Like Pretzel said, check out the Green Country group on here. Great bunch of guys and more than happy to help out and go riding with.
                    Matt "Ghost Rider" Moore
                    2005 Vulcan 1600 Nomad
                    Green Country VRA - KawaNOW # 1250

"There is no normal life, there's just life... so get on with it!" - Doc Holiday

Comment

Working...
                    X