Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New user intro for Lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New user intro for Lost

Hey Folks,

Just a quick post to introduce my self and give you some background.

First, I am older guy with lots of riding time on differnt types of bikes. Starting riding on the bikes my dad had or worked on. My earliest ride memory was riding in front of him with my feet on the tank and holding on to his legs. I could barely see over the tripple tree. Then on home made minni bikes with pull start lawn mower engines. Wrecked many many times on those and learned about how to lean and how to jump off when needed. Then on to dirt bikes... ridding on the sand and old trails. My first "car" was a old Honda 350 street bike. the first street leagal bike for me. Then on to a susuki gs650 and then off to the military. I rode all sorts of bikes in Okinawa, Japan. You were aloud to go around traffic and got to the front at stop lights. Fun, but some crazy riding. I went several years with out a bike and really started to miss it. I was about 30'sh when I purchased my first 500 vulcan. I loved it and rode it until I married my second wife. Then i bought the 900 vulcan classic and that is what I ride now.

my 900 has some minor modifications. Quick release saddle bags, passenger back rest, luggage rack, Kuryakin ISO grips and throtle boss, and fully debaffled stock pipes. I really only have a few other things I would like to add to her. She has been a great bike and has taken me to all sorts of places in the 2 years I have had it.

My wife rides and she has a 750 Honda Shadow that we have also done a few things too. The main thing is the paint. She loves Pinups so we have one on the front fender and one on the tank. I have pictures up on http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/kirkhamthomas if you would like to see our bikes.

Talk to you all soon,
    Lost out...

Re: New user intro for Lost

Welcome to the forum. If you are who I think you are in the picutres, your a youngster. BTW I like the bike wash.
    Albie Salsburg (1700 Rider)
    2009 Vulcan Voyager
    V&H Slipons
    Thunder MFG Air Kit
    "Ivan's Re-Flash"

Comment

Welcome!!!!

Comment

welcome and looking forward to talking to you more.

Randy
        07 Classic 1500
        04 Mean Streak 1600
        The destination is merely a by-product of the journey.

Comment

Welcome! The bikes look good.
          Old Crow (Bob)
          Lexington, KY
          1960 Vespa 150
          1964 Bridgestone 175
          1972 Suzuki GT380
          2005 1600 Classic
          2010 Nomad 1700
          2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S
          Past Kentucky Chapter President
          National Vice President 2012

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"Map.jpg","src":"http:\/\/vulcanriders.us\/forum\/filedata\/fetch?filedataid=6849&type=full"**[/IMG2]

Comment

I just a video of you and your bike.
            http://community.cruisercustomizing....739/22960.html

The bike looks really nice. As for you, well...I'm sure your Momma loves you.

welcome to the forum man. We hope you stick around.
            John Featherlin
            Webmaster vulcanriders.us 2007-2016
            International Chapter Coordinator 2009-2016
            Forum Admin 2007-2016
            USA Chapter Coordinator 2007-2016
            National President 2007-2010
            National Vice President 2006
            National Secretary 2011-2012

Comment

Good to see another 900 rider in the group, even though my 900 Custom looks better.

Sounds as if you're getting the bike just right for you, amazing how a few things done here and there can make it a much better bike.

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcom guys I will have to post some more pics from rides for you all. My wife and I do a good bit of riding in the summer, so things are slowing down now, but I still like to ride even when its cold.

Comment

Originally posted by 1700 Rider View Post
                  Welcome to the forum. If you are who I think you are in the picutres, your a youngster. BTW I like the bike wash.

Yes, the Bike wash this year was great Now if I could just get my wife to wash the bikes that that...

Comment

welcome to the group! holler if you need anything - alot of good folks round here to holla back Hope we get to see you at the 2011 Rally ....

Again, Welcome!
                    Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
                    Bullock
                    Former VRA USA National President
                    Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
                    Crestview, Florida
                    2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
                    (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

Working...