Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Southern Maryland!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Southern Maryland!

Got a deal I just couldn't refuse! 2006 Vulcan 1600 Classic (new leftover) for $6709.60 + tax/tag! Here's a pic of the bike still in the bed of my truck after the long haul home (bought it at Matthews Fun Machines in Charlotte, NC):

Re: Hello from Southern Maryland!

Nice and welcome to the forum. Stick around and you will meet a great bunch of Vulcan owners.
    Albie Salsburg (1700 Rider)
    2009 Vulcan Voyager
    V&H Slipons
    Thunder MFG Air Kit
    "Ivan's Re-Flash"

Comment

hey shafe, welcome....looking forward to chatting it up with you here on the forum and hopefully at the VRA Rally in July....

Nice looking bike too bro! Great color choice!!!
      Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
      Bullock
      Former VRA USA National President
      Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
      Crestview, Florida
      2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
      (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

Nice bike ,looks good , also not a bad deal. maybe catch you on a ride with the Md. group if we all ride again this year. thank for sharing Keith R.
        Keith R
        PA 1-52 - South Central PA VRA
        Vulcan 900 Classic LT

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I look forward to joining in on some of the VRA events and it would be great to meet you. The tail of the dragon has always been on my list of roads to ride, but I've never made time. Hopefully I'll be able to join in the fun in July!
          My last bike was a Kawasaki Concours so it's taken me some getting used to the laid back seating/feet forward thing but I believe I'm getting the hang of it. I've already put a Batwing fairing on the bike and I have a sissy bar/rack combo on it's way along with highway bars for the feet up/interstate cruise mode.
          I was pleasantly surprised by the mellow loping idle when the bike is fired up. Not too loud, but not too quiet either.

Comment

Welcome, I'm a current owner of an 05 Concours, along with my Vulcan 900 C. It is a different ride, and I still use the Connie for most of my longer rides. But I've put alot of miles on several 1500 Vulcans, and they can also be quite comfortable for the long haul.

Hope to see you in July.

Comment

Originally posted by Fly View Post
              Welcome, I'm a current owner of an 05 Concours, along with my Vulcan 900 C. It is a different ride, and I still use the Connie for most of my longer rides. But I've put alot of miles on several 1500 Vulcans, and they can also be quite comfortable for the long haul.

Hope to see you in July.
              Hi Fly. I've seen your posts over at the Concours forums. You were frequently in the thick of it on the open or Arena forums and I must say that I respect and agree with a lot of what you stand for.
              I still have my Connie, but the wife wants it gone now that I have my Vulcan. I look forward to meeting you.

Comment

I'm hoping to ride down to Fat Boys Country Store near Leonardtown to see some of the bands I like, or another trip to St. Mary's.
                Getting out to ride needs few excuses, and checking out live music, especially blues is one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by shafe76 View Post
                  Hi Fly. I've seen your posts over at the Concours forums. You were frequently in the thick of it on the open or Arena forums and I must say that I respect and agree with a lot of what you stand for.
                  I still have my Connie, but the wife wants it gone now that I have my Vulcan. I look forward to meeting you.
                  Yea, the COG forum really went downhill when all the political BS started. One reason why Slicks and I were in agreement about no politics when we first put up this forum. I enjoy talking politics, and am on a couple of pure political forums, but with different names. Don't want what I post on them to reflect on the VRA.

Regardless of agreement or disagreement, if we could all just discuss it as if we were face to face, it can be a great way to be required to think about your beliefs and study to defend them and to try and change other folk's opinions.

Come on out to the VRA rally in NC, BigNastie and his chapter put on a good rally, and the riding is excellent. It would be great to sit down and quietly discuss politics over a couple of beers, or whatever your choice of beverage.

Comment

WOW !!! I would say you got one heck of a deal, Welcome aboard, Keep it safe.

Comment

heck of a deal on the bike. Congrats!!
                      sigpicDan Denney
                      President
                      Fort Worth 1-25
                      Old bikers don't grow grey, they turn chrome.

Comment

nice ride and welcome---- i am a newbee also
                        "Hagar"

Comment

Nice Bike! and it sounds like you got a great deal on it too Welcome to the Forum.

Comment

The bike was listed in Cycletrader for $5,999. The salesman I spoke to said that there was a $499 charge for freight/set up and $199 for documentation. I didn't even TRY to negotiate out of the after-charges since the price was rock bottom to begin with!!

Last time I checked, they still had an '07 1600 Classic for $6499 and an '08 for $6599(Still awesome deals, I think).

Comment

Originally posted by Naptown Pete View Post
                              I'm hoping to ride down to Fat Boys Country Store near Leonardtown to see some of the bands I like, or another trip to St. Mary's.
                              Getting out to ride needs few excuses, and checking out live music, especially blues is one of them.
                              Pete,
                              I've never heard of Fat Boys Country Store and I'm only 15 or so miles from Leonardtown. Maybe because I've still got 3 school-age kids at home (partying days over since I got out of the Navy in '87!!)

Anyway, did you end up going there and hearing some of the bands?

Comment

Working...
                              X