Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Southern Maryland!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hello from Southern Maryland!

Great looking bike Schafe! Welcome to the forum...take that puppy out of the truck and ride it back to the rally in July; it is going to be a lot of fun!

sigpic
    Ride Safe!
    GADAWG

Comment

Here's my bike at work with new Memphis Shades Batwing fairing, engine guard and rear rack holding my trusty Givi 43 ltr top box...

Comment

Looks good Shafe76. I never saw whatever that is on the handlebars before though.
        Albie Salsburg (1700 Rider)
        2009 Vulcan Voyager
        V&H Slipons
        Thunder MFG Air Kit
        "Ivan's Re-Flash"

Comment

Originally posted by 1700 Rider View Post
          Looks good Shafe76. I never saw whatever that is on the handlebars before though.
          Those are what's commonly referred to as "Hippo hands". They allow me to ride in sub-freezing temps all day long with summer gloves because they keep the cold wind off 'em. They're not pretty to look at, but they certainly get the job done !

Comment

I'd forgotten all about those "Hippo Hands", I used some snowmobile devices like that for several Winters, but after getting the Concours back in 2005, haven't.

The only issue I had was a little feeling of having my hands 'trapped' inside, if something would have happened that required me to remove them. Plus a slight problem of getting my hands back in without taking my attention away from what was happening on the road ahead.

They sure did help to keep my hands warm though.

Comment

"The only issue I had was a little feeling of having my hands 'trapped' inside, if something would have happened that required me to remove them. Plus a slight problem of getting my hands back in without taking my attention away from what was happening on the road ahead."

+1 On everything you mentioned there, Fly. I wonder if the bikers waving going in the other direction think I'm acting "too cool for school" because I only nod in response!? Although, over time and more frequent use, I've become more comfortable pulling my hand out at speed to occassionally adjust helmet venting, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by shafe76 View Post
                Pete,
                I've never heard of Fat Boys Country Store and I'm only 15 or so miles from Leonardtown. Maybe because I've still got 3 school-age kids at home (partying days over since I got out of the Navy in '87!!)

Anyway, did you end up going there and hearing some of the bands?
                Here's the link for Fat Boys Country Store bar
                http://www.fatboyscountrystore.com/
                I've been tinkering with the bike since it's been cold.
                After my son heads off to the Air Force I'll be out on the road more.
                I've also joined the Patriot Guard Riders to honor our fallen military and vets.

Comment

Hi;
                  Nice looking bike.
                  You will have to meet up with the Maryland Chapter some time for a ride.
                  We have two members down south, Kevin our Sgt. at Arms and Joe down in Accokeek. We try to get a ride in down there so watch for post, or Come on Up.

Comment

Working...
                  X