Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Member Stationed in Colorado Spings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member Stationed in Colorado Spings

Hey Everyone! New to the forum. Currently living in Colorado Springs, CO originally from Michigan. Just picked up my 09 900 Custom this week. I have owned 2 Ninja Sport bikes prior. I love Kawi, and am looking forward to my new venture into the cruiser world. Just want to make it clear that even though I am a previous sport biker I never was a squid or irresponsible rider. Look forward to chatting with all, and finding fellow riders in my area, know there has to be some because there is great areas to ride in the front range!
    Last edited by ; 04-05-2011, 12:41 PM. Reason: change text color
    Scottyg09900C 2009 Vulcan 900 Custom
    sigpic
    DENVER VULCAN RIDERS

Re: New Member Stationed in Colorado Spings

Welcome aboard Scotty, you'll love that 900C on the mountain roads in the Springs area. We lived for about 5 years a bit NE of CS, in the Black Forest area, 1500' higher than CS.

Except for the CS traffic, it's a great place to live. Is the old saying, "Pray for me, I drive Academy", still being used?

Enjoy the bike and the forum. If you're heading back to MI when/if you get out of the military, there's a chapter forming there right now.

Comment

Beautiful area, been through many times in a truck way back when.

Glad you joined us, great group of folks here, always willing to help out.
      Debi
      Former President 10 Years
      Kentucky Vulcan Riders 1-12
      Spyder Ryder in 2021!

Comment

welcome to the group scotty , glad you found us....you have a beautiful area to ride Looking forward to chattin with ya...holler if you need anything!
        Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
        Bullock
        Former VRA USA National President
        Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
        Crestview, Florida
        2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
        (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

WELCOME SCOTTY, I live just south of Pueblo, CO., We are going to be heading up to the RED RIVER NM. Rally May 27th, 28th and 29th, If you happen to be able to get free and want to hook up for the ride let me know. You would need to make some room reservations, I had to get a room in Raton, NM. due to no rooms at Red river. Again welcome to the VRA Forum, I guarantee you are going to enjoy it. P.S. If you are into Tat's, look up my daughter (Shanna Keyes) at PENS AND NEEDLES TATTOO COMPANY in Colorado Springs.

Comment

Welcome! I know you already checked into my thread, but it looks like we may be getting enough CO people to start a local chapter.
            || Former President | Vulcan Riders Association | Chapter 1-30 ||
            ||2012 Kawasaki Nomad||
            ||VBA #03091||

Comment

Welcome from upstate NY and welcome to the cruiser world. I think you will enjoy it along with the forum here.
              Albie Salsburg (1700 Rider)
              2009 Vulcan Voyager
              V&H Slipons
              Thunder MFG Air Kit
              "Ivan's Re-Flash"

Comment

Originally posted by Fly View Post
                Welcome aboard Scotty, you'll love that 900C on the mountain roads in the Springs area. We lived for about 5 years a bit NE of CS, in the Black Forest area, 1500' higher than CS.

Except for the CS traffic, it's a great place to live. Is the old saying, "Pray for me, I drive Academy", still being used?

Enjoy the bike and the forum. If you're heading back to MI when/if you get out of the military, there's a chapter forming there right now.
                Fly, I've found the problem around here is all the military drivers, lol I laugh because I am military, but there is such a mix of driver here it is unreal, and powers and acadamy are still probabally the worst, but as always when it comes to cagers it doesnt matter where u go, they will try to kill u
                Scottyg09900C 2009 Vulcan 900 Custom
                sigpic
                DENVER VULCAN RIDERS

Comment

I was stationed there in 1977, (Ft Carson), what a great place to cruise! Welcome to the group, enjoy Pikes Peak!
                  Uwharrie CBA/ABATE President
                  New London, NC 28127
                  kwiken24@yahoo.com
                  (704) 463-0111

Comment

Welcome Scotty, Your right about the drivers. They're from every state with a different driving style all put together in one small town. You've got great roads to ride. Don't miss Manitou springs in the foothills.
                    "As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride"

I SPEND MONEY I DON'T HAVE, TO BUILD BIKES I DON'T NEED,TO IMPRESS PEOPLE I DON'T KNOW.

Comment

Hi Scott, my name is Rick I am also stationed here in the Springs, I am looking to start up a chapter here and I am looking for potential members. Drop me a line if you are interested, skibby1500@yahoo.com is my email. Hope to hear from you soon.

Comment

Locutus: Scott has since relocated to GA. He is currently the VP of the Denver chapter. You are welcome to join us for our April meet.
                        || Former President | Vulcan Riders Association | Chapter 1-30 ||
                        ||2012 Kawasaki Nomad||
                        ||VBA #03091||

Comment

Welcome to the forum from Minnesota. Thats a nice bike, I like black.
                          Bill "TSfan14" Fliehr
                          Apple Valley, MN
                          2007 1600 Nomad

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus1701 View Post
                            Hi Scott, my name is Rick I am also stationed here in the Springs, I am looking to start up a chapter here and I am looking for potential members. Drop me a line if you are interested, skibby1500@yahoo.com is my email. Hope to hear from you soon.

Hey Rick,

did you get the email with all the folks in the Springs area? You can go into the member list and PM/Email those folks from there.....also, Scotty is a Georgia boy now
                            Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
                            Bullock
                            Former VRA USA National President
                            Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
                            Crestview, Florida
                            2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
                            (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

I dod get the email with the list but I muct have deleted it by mistake. And when and where is the meet in april? I am supposed to be in So Cal next month for a wedding and I am riding out there. If anyone is going to the West Coast Rally and you want to leave on the 15th we can ride together.

Comment

Working...
                              X