Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

North Carolina- New member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Carolina- New member

Hi Guys and Dolls,
    I'm new to this group as well as a new rider. Purchased a Vulcan 500 last August and am now looking to move up to a Vulcan 900 Classic. I'm 65 years old and 6' tall, finding the 500 a little too small for my legs but glad I started with the 500 as I feel it is a super bike for an entry level rider.
    I live in Western North Carolina an was surprised not to find any clubs in the area. Looking forward to reading many interesting posts on this site.
    Thanks for listening.
    Ketch

Re: North Carolina- New member

Welcome to the forum! Perhaps if we can stir up enough interest, we could start a NC Chapter. There are several NC Vulcan riders that have expressed an interest, now if we could get organized. I was hoping someone would run with it, but I may have to get the ball rolling. It's just tough to find time between work an family.

I live in Burlington, about 20 miles east of Greensboro. I love the NC mountains. I lived in Jackson County for 4 years over 20 years ago. What part of western NC do you live?

P.S. I came across this 2008 Kawasaki Vulcan LT Classic 900 on Craigslist, if your still in the market. It looks like a good deal?

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/mcy/1032031714.html

Ron
    Last edited by ronaldki; 02-25-2009, 01:42 AM.
    sigpic
    2009 VN900 LT
    Burlington, NC

Comment

Aloha Ketch!

Welcome to the Vulcan Gang As Ron has already noted, there are several NC riders here...use the Click the Member List up top >> then on the right side of the screen click the advanced search feature >>> then search by state

Again welcome to the group and look forward to chattin it up with you

btw...don't limit yourself to the 900...while it is a great lookng bike...might want to expand your selecetion criteria to include the Nomad
      Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
      Bullock
      Former VRA USA National President
      Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
      Crestview, Florida
      2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
      (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

Hi Ron and DaBull,
        Thanks for getting back to me. I live in the Hendersonville area, south of Asheville, in Western NC. Only have 900 miles of experience plus a MSF course, so still got a lot to learn. Thought it would be fun and educational to team up with a group of riders who were more experienced than me. I'll have to check the Asheville Kawa dealer to see if they know of any informal groups around.
        Terry

Comment

Welcome aboard Ketch!

Glad to see more and more Carolina boys showing up. Hopefully, all of you can get together and get things poppin toward a NC VRA Chapter.

Although I ride a 900, I'd have to agree with Derry (Dabull). I love my 900 and I have done LOTS of performance improvements to it, but I wish I had sprung for the Nomad. It all depends on what kind of riding you're gonna be doing.

Good luck with whichever bike you decide, you just can't go wrong with a Vulcan (yes we are biased). Glad to have you here.

Comment

Originally posted by Ketch View Post
            Hi Ron and DaBull,
            Thanks for getting back to me. I live in the Hendersonville area, south of Asheville, in Western NC. Only have 900 miles of experience plus a MSF course, so still got a lot to learn. Thought it would be fun and educational to team up with a group of riders who were more experienced than me. I'll have to check the Asheville Kawa dealer to see if they know of any informal groups around.
            Terry
            Ketch,

Understand what you're saying about riding with a group, I prefer to ride with a group of friends

ncstedo <aka Steve> is located "near Ashville" That may be your start to developing a good riding friend
            Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
            Bullock
            Former VRA USA National President
            Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
            Crestview, Florida
            2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
            (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

I live just outside of Charlotte and would like to become a member in NC.
              Day rides 75% are riding to mountains - Blue ridge Parkway - Lake Lure _-Little Switzerland - Linville Falls - Asheville and riding the Dragon Tail/Tenn - as well as South Carolina - and Outer Banks NC

Larry
              Silver Wolf

Comment

To all of the folks in NC. Welcome to the forum.
                If you'd like to meet up with riders in your local area, be sure to post at the link below
                http://vulcanriders.us/forum/showthread.php?t=898
                John Featherlin
                Webmaster vulcanriders.us 2007-2016
                International Chapter Coordinator 2009-2016
                Forum Admin 2007-2016
                USA Chapter Coordinator 2007-2016
                National President 2007-2010
                National Vice President 2006
                National Secretary 2011-2012

Comment

Working...
                X