Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Like to start a Chapter Montgomery Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would Like to start a Chapter Montgomery Texas

I am finding both Houston Texas Chapter an North Houston Chapters are silent , thus I am 60 miles north of Houston in Montgomery Texas 3rd oldest town in Texas along with the Largest county in Texas, Lake Conroe Texas Thus what can I do .

Houston was never a recognized chapter, and yes sadly North Houston is barely clinging to life. I'm not opposed to having a chapter trying to start that close to N Houston given the size of Houston, but before you make a push to do that if I track down Dan Healy the Chapter President and chat with him would you be interested in helping breath life into North Houston?

If not I will still need to try and get in touch with Dan to let him know there is someone looking to start one in Montgomery.
    Randy - aka racinfan101
    Central IL Chapter 1-39 President
    2024/25 National President

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cent...?ref=bookmarks
    2002 Vulcan Drifter 800, 2010 Vulcan Nomad 1700, 2020 Kawasaki W800. Gone but not forgotten...2008 Vulcan Mean Streak, 2002 Vulcan Drifter 1500.

Comment

Well being we are not in Houston at all that makes it confusin being Our county is the largest in Texas an Houston from Montgomery is 75 miles away along with being the 3rd oldest town in Texas . Since Montgomery County is the largest county in Texas with the base in Montgomery Lake Conroe would attract more riders . Also 12 towns stretched out in the county

I feel a fresh start just might be best. The North Houston Charter hasnt had a meeting since June 2016

But I will make contact as I have before .

Thanks for the quick response

Robert Robbins SMCA

Comment

A fresh start may be good as you said, and I have reached out to Dan myself, it is a common courtesy for us to do so. It is funny how a chapter that is down and out will blame their ultimate demise on another chapter starting close to them even though that has nothing to do with it, and I would certainly want to know if someone were starting a chapter within 75 miles of me.

According to Google Maps it looks like 55 miles between Houston and Montgomery My chapter is centered in Peoria and I am 35 miles from there which does make it a challenge at times so I understand where you are coming from.
        Randy - aka racinfan101

2002 Vulcan Drifter 800, 2010 Vulcan Nomad 1700, 2020 Kawasaki W800. Gone but not forgotten...2008 Vulcan Mean Streak, 2002 Vulcan Drifter 1500.

Comment

Thanks for the understanding an insight , lol that 55 miles is as the crow flies . I've put a question on the facebook Houston Vulcan Riders knowing now they are not a chapter on this topic being the way our county is laid out Its a slow response .

I've had a long conversation with the past VP of 1-77 , he is all in for this as soon as his recovery from his accident is DR cleared .

I will stay in contact with you to keep you informed.

Again thanks for the quick response

Robert Robbins SMCA

Comment

I have exchanged one message with Dan, and you may be hearing from him shortly Robert.
            Randy - aka racinfan101

Comment

Will do , thanks for your help .

Robert Robbins SMCA

Comment

Ok I see you've lite a fire under Dan with a 3 day notice on a Charter meeting ,

I still have concerns that there should be a different Charter . Our area is not North Houston and never has been . I thought being Montgomery being the 3rd oldest town in Texas it would be a Great representation . A little note Montgomery / Lake Conroe has the top 10% of Houston wealth that live here in their 2nd an 3rd homes an growing . I feel the N Houston should hold designation as Houston.

With 12 or more towns grouped in Montgomery Co . create a new Charter. I am not trying to create an issue with the current set up . Just the 3rd oldest town in Texas should have a Charter.

If I am over stepping on this let me know .

Robert Robbins SMCA

Comment

I would like to see what happens with Dan’s meeting this weekend and go from there. I am going to be a little cut off until the first part of the week anyways, going on a little road trip this weekend.
                  Randy - aka racinfan101

Comment

Thanks again

Robert Robbins SMCA

Comment

Well Robert it sounded like the meeting was you and Dan and that you had a good discussion. What are your thoughts...see who you can drum up in your area, or work with Dan for a bit?
                      Randy - aka racinfan101

Comment

I will try , to assist to rebuild but the term North Houston has to change to our area its definitely mis leading . for this area . I have some ideas but I will try to help rebuild. I am going to set up a LLC myself for Christian Riders for our area which will help find Vulcan Riders.

Loved the sound of those pipes e had a short ride this morning on short notice with 3 V2K's .

Robert Robbins SMCA

Comment

Okay sounds good. We can certainly change the name if it helps get more people involved and the members are all good with it. Thanks for your efforts!
                          Randy - aka racinfan101

Comment

Will do . I will assist every chance I get , along with some Ideas I have that might help . I ask Dan what he thought of a Vulcan Swap meet here for Montgomery an Harris Country . Ill push it a little but anything to rattle the trees This old fart is willing to help lol

Robert

Comment

I am finding there are more internet forum riders than road riders , maybe its the heat or not . will try after the rains coming here move the heat away to arrange another Ride. Last 2 just 2 of use on V2K'S . I will keep hustling to build up riders here.

Comment

Working...
                              X