Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking to start a SW Washington/NW Oregon Chapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure why your posts required approvals before they showed. I approved it so it would post up. Sorry for the delay.
    Patrick "Hotwheels" Sharon
    President Columbus Vulcan Riders Chapter 1-32
    Columbus, Oh
    National President 2020
    National Vice President 2019
    National Treasurer 2013 - 2015
    VROC Member # 34133
    2014 Vulcan Voyager
    2021 CanAm Spyder F3-Limited

2020 CanAm Spyder F3-Limited
    2009 Vulcan Voyager - Gone
    2002 1500 Mean Streak - Gone
    2007 Vulcan VN2000 Classic LT
    -Gone
    2007 Vulcan VN900 Classic LT - Gone

Columbus Vulcan Riders 1-32 FaceBook group

Comment

Originally posted by Doobie View Post

So where else are you thinking when you say 'post it in the national group'? I kinda thought that's what I had done here.

Is there another place you had in mind?
      The National Facebook group like Patrick mentioned.
      Randy - aka racinfan101
      Central IL Chapter 1-39 President
      2024/25 National President

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cent...?ref=bookmarks
      2002 Vulcan Drifter 800, 2010 Vulcan Nomad 1700, 2020 Kawasaki W800. Gone but not forgotten...2008 Vulcan Mean Streak, 2002 Vulcan Drifter 1500.

Comment

Originally posted by Doobie View Post
        Ok, so I got the Facebook group up and running. Pretty rudimentary so far but here it is. I'm looking to put together some casual rides, see how things go and if there is enough interest for a chapter. Link below. Please pass italong to anyone you think mightbe interested.

Thanks

https://www.facebook.com/groups/187281781970277/

Doobie... what is your contact info that you would like to use... email, phone (not mandatory), city center.... I will email all Washitonians from the control panel as well as Oregonians if your are within 50 miles or so??
        Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
        Bullock
        Former VRA USA National President
        Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
        Crestview, Florida
        2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
        (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

Originally posted by DaBull View Post

Doobie... what is your contact info that you would like to use... email, phone (not mandatory), city center.... I will email all Washitonians from the control panel as well as Oregonians if your are within 50 miles or so??
          Cupcub71@Gmail.Com

Longview/Kelso is the city center. 98632. Anything within 50 miles would probably work.

Thanks

Comment

Ok, so we have our first official meeting and ride coming up this weekend. What exactly needs to happen in order for us to become an official chapter. I know electing 4 officers is required. Probably a charter. What else?

Comment

We will need the names / forum names / e-mails and their positions in the chapter. We need an e-mail confirmation that you have reviewed the national bylaws. Once we have that you are good to go. As for local bylaws you either have to simply agree to follow national bylaws, but we encourage all chapters to put their own bylaws in place. Does not have to happen at the first meeting, but no time like then to get the ball rolling on bylaws, when you will hold elections each year, amount if any dues you are going to charge, and things like that.

You can review the bylaws and see sample chapter bylaws at this link - http://vulcanriders.us/full-width/

You can also find a bunch of information under the "Chapter Info" tab on the homepage of the website. Once you are official we send some additional items as well.
              Randy - aka racinfan101
              Central IL Chapter 1-39 President
              2024/25 National President

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cent...?ref=bookmarks
              2002 Vulcan Drifter 800, 2010 Vulcan Nomad 1700, 2020 Kawasaki W800. Gone but not forgotten...2008 Vulcan Mean Streak, 2002 Vulcan Drifter 1500.

Comment

Yeah what Randy said! :-) and of course if you have any questions feel free to reach out to any of us. We will be glad to help you out!
                Patrick "Hotwheels" Sharon
                President Columbus Vulcan Riders Chapter 1-32
                Columbus, Oh
                National President 2020
                National Vice President 2019
                National Treasurer 2013 - 2015
                VROC Member # 34133
                2014 Vulcan Voyager
                2021 CanAm Spyder F3-Limited

2020 CanAm Spyder F3-Limited
                2009 Vulcan Voyager - Gone
                2002 1500 Mean Streak - Gone
                2007 Vulcan VN2000 Classic LT
                -Gone
                2007 Vulcan VN900 Classic LT - Gone

Columbus Vulcan Riders 1-32 FaceBook group

Comment

I wouldn't mind joining in. I created a Facebook account so as to keep in contact and even requested to join. But now Facebook refuses to let me get back online. I can sign-in but it immediately goes to a screen saying that I need to input my mobile phone number so they can send me a six-digit code to use to secure the account. However at that point, not matter what format I input the number, it won't accept it. So I'm screwed.
                  I greatly dis-like Facebook.
                  Is there some other way I can do this?

Comment

Originally posted by 750 Chris View Post
                    I wouldn't mind joining in. I created a Facebook account so as to keep in contact and even requested to join. But now Facebook refuses to let me get back online. I can sign-in but it immediately goes to a screen saying that I need to input my mobile phone number so they can send me a six-digit code to use to secure the account. However at that point, not matter what format I input the number, it won't accept it. So I'm screwed.
                    I greatly dis-like Facebook.
                    Is there some other way I can do this?
                    Chris. The easiest way to do this is to meet up with us on Thursday at 6pm at the Goble Tavern in Goble. It is on Hwy 30 in between St Helens and Rainier.

I work in Beaverton and usually go straight from work to the Goble on Thursdays. If you'd like to ride over the hill with me, that'd be great.

Shoot me a text 215-990-9534.

Comment

Ok, I have been looking at my Washington state maps. I have two of them. On neither map is a town called Goble. For that matter, neither have a town called Beaverton. And to top it off, I cannot find a Hwy 30 anywhere.
                      Give me some more hints...…….

Comment

Oh wait, you're talking about Oregon.

Comment

Oh wait, you're talking about Oregon.
                          You are in Portland, right?

Comment

No. I'm in the Fredrickson/Spanaway area in Washington. That's about 2 to 2.5 hrs north.
                            I can meetup for summer rides but not for meetings.

Comment

No. I'm in the Fredrickson/Spanaway area in Washington. That's about 2 to 2.5 hrs north.
                              I can meetup for summer rides but not for meetings.
                              Then the group you want us there Pacific NW Vulcan Riders out of Lynnwood/Everett. Great group of guys. I used to be the VP for that group. Outstanding chapter.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/344773008980062/

Comment

Actually. no. The farther away from that northern traffic the better. There's nothing north of SeaTac that I care about visiting. I'd rather ride south (and then off to wherever a given ride goes) than north.
                                I had looked into that group sometime within the past year. Looks like a good bunch of folks but they're just in the wrong place for me. They looked good but I'd rather move around places with a bit less civilization.

Comment

Working...
                                X