Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riding in SW Florida.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riding in SW Florida.

Jack Nichols, I ride my '04 Drifter 1500 (original owner.) It started life as all '04 Drifters did, Black /Silver, now Black/ Candy Apple Red, much better. I just finished some new projects with it. For looks, improved handling (and I had a leaky original air shock,) I lowered it 1" with Progressive front spring and back shocks, Caddman type mod, except I used a Spectre 47722 air cleaner assembly (9" round red filter top and sides, matches red bike color, too neat! Added some vintage winged bullet lights for turn signals. and over the years lots of other bolted on, stuck on or screwed on stuff... Yeah Baby! Always had the unfiltered Samson Long Cannons on it. 16,000 miles of pleasurable, comfortable dependable Cruising. Will post pics asap. Would like to meet and cruise with the Lakeland bunch if they get down my way.

Re: Riding in SW Florida.

Hi Jack....the Lakeland bunch is FL Chapter 1-2....good buncha folks....heres there web site info: http://flvulcanriders.webs.com/

We have a buncha folks from up here in NW Florida, your area, GA, SC and maybe NC---heading to Valdosta for an overnighter/meet-n-greet on 28 Sept and several members will be heading up...would love to meet you there as well! Heres some of the details on the ride: http://www.vulcanriders.us/forum/showthread.php?t=11324

I'll alert Dan that you are looking to hook up too
    Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
    Bullock
    Former VRA USA National President
    Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
    Crestview, Florida
    2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
    (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

Excellent! Thanks for the links..
      Jack aka CapnConch

Comment

Hey Jack welcome from near Peoria IL! Looking forward to seeing some pictures of your ride!
        Randy - aka racinfan101
        Central IL Chapter 1-39 President
        2024/25 National President

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cent...?ref=bookmarks
        2002 Vulcan Drifter 800, 2010 Vulcan Nomad 1700, 2020 Kawasaki W800. Gone but not forgotten...2008 Vulcan Mean Streak, 2002 Vulcan Drifter 1500.

Comment

Hi Jack, Bob in Tarpon Springs, I'm planning on doing the same thing, hooking up with lakeland as soon as I get some time, look forward to seeing you and the Drifter!

I went out today for a short ride, and wow, was it hot, sitting at a red light I almost melted!

Check out the meet and greet gathering in September (Valdosta, GA) If you could make it we could meet up and make the run north from here or whatever, I'm looking forward to meeting the different chapter members before the 2014 gathering in Pa.

Derry-DaBull can shoot you some information much faster than I.......

Ride safe......
          Fla-Bob Schmidt
          Tarpon Springs, Fl

2007 1500FI Classic
          2005 750 Vulcan

Comment

Welcome to the forum from Columbus, OH!!
            Patrick "Hotwheels" Sharon
            President Columbus Vulcan Riders Chapter 1-32
            Columbus, Oh
            National President 2020
            National Vice President 2019
            National Treasurer 2013 - 2015
            VROC Member # 34133
            2014 Vulcan Voyager
            2021 CanAm Spyder F3-Limited

2020 CanAm Spyder F3-Limited
            2009 Vulcan Voyager - Gone
            2002 1500 Mean Streak - Gone
            2007 Vulcan VN2000 Classic LT
            -Gone
            2007 Vulcan VN900 Classic LT - Gone

Columbus Vulcan Riders 1-32 FaceBook group

Comment

Welcome from Kansas city

Comment

Hi Jack, Bob in Tarpon Springs, I'm planning on doing the same thing, hooking up with lakeland as soon as I get some time, look forward to seeing you and the Drifter!

I went out today for a short ride, and wow, was it hot, sitting at a red light I almost melted!

Hey Bob!
                I work weekends and I ride the Drifter to work when possible, lately too rainy but yesterday and today I Rode! going down the road my feet were toasting like marshmellers and by the time I got home (20 minutes with a couple of Florida loooong red lights...,) I had to wring my shirt and drawers out. Yes it just doesn't get any better than this!

Comment

Welcome from west MI... pic,s if pos.. sounds like a sweet ride.
                  Glenn Gale, President 1-26

Comment

Originally posted by efinney View Post
                    Welcome from Kansas city
                    Hey Man! thanks!

Bittersweet memories of KC, Year;1970, Low number on Viet Nam draft lottery.. something like #32 out of 365..Old enough to remember how it worked? Called up to the old States (Stater?) Hotel downtown KC, overnight for Draft physical next day. That night 1 block away huge antidraft demonstration started across the street as Richard Nixon was arriving with large entourage to give speech, Hippies chanting 1234 we don't want your f**king war, German shepard dogs straining on their leashes, secret service...me out there dinking around, wow what a night.. Next morning, fortunately, as the war was in de-escalation mode, I had just came out of a cast after a broken leg, the docs were not too harsh and I was not acceptable at that time. Yes, memories of KC... Ok, OK I'm getting out of the time machine in my head now.
                    Jack
                    Last edited by Capnconch; 08-11-2013, 08:44 PM.

Comment

I must have a few years on you, I was like #64 in 1966 so my brother in law and I went the NavyAir way...That's a million years ago....Now I ride and enjoy life! when I'm not working!
                      Fla-Bob Schmidt
                      Tarpon Springs, Fl

2007 1500FI Classic
                      2005 750 Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by DaBull View Post
                        Hi Jack....the Lakeland bunch is FL Chapter 1-2....good buncha folks....heres there web site info: http://flvulcanriders.webs.com/

I'll alert Dan that you are looking to hook up too
                        Hey Man thanks for that info..
                        I go through Lakeland on my Drifter en route to the Historic 12 hours of Sebring each year in March (usually the weather is great,). AHHHH the smell of orange blossoms for most of the ride there, yes they are in high bloom ...Then the smell of the Le Mans GT cars racing all out..Ferrari, Viper, Aston Martin, Porsche, Corvette, BMW, Jaguar and Audi (the current reigning champs.) But usually in the cycle parking there are a few HD's and me. (Free Cycle Parking, cars pay big time.) Maybe one of these years the Lakeland bunch should cruise there.. We in Florida are fortunate to have such a historical annual race here in our state! the 62nd annual race is March 12-14, 2014. These are the same cars that later race at the 24hrs of LeMans. It's a fun and Crazy time. Too much beer?
                        I'm just a Motorhead.
                        Jack

Comment

Post a Pix I hope?
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Capnconch; 08-28-2013, 04:10 PM. Reason: mo' pix

Comment

Welcome from SC 1-50 if you ever get to come to the Upstate of SC holler!
                            Non Chapter Member

Comment

HI from FL Vuclan 12 you'all come on down and see us any chance you can we always welcome anyone that loves to ride that's what it's all about. Hope any of you can make Valdosta, GA a bunch of us are riding up. Going to be a good time meeting everyone in person and toasting to a great group of brothers and sisters.
                              ER'S.....

Comment

Working...
                              X