Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New here, looking for a little help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here, looking for a little help

Hey all. I just bought my wife a 1997 Vulcan 500 as a learner bike. I've been riding for years (2004 VTX 1800 Neo) but she's never ridden a motorcycle before. Her Vulcan has less than 9000 miles on it. It's sat in a garage for several years now without being started. I'll be posting some maintenance questions on the tech board shortly.

Re: New here, looking for a little help

Good luck with the bike. I'd love to get my wife riding also, but don't think it will ever happen.

Welcome to the site. It's a great place to meet folks and get some tech advice from other Vulcan riders.
    Old Crow (Bob)
    Lexington, KY
    1960 Vespa 150
    1964 Bridgestone 175
    1972 Suzuki GT380
    2005 1600 Classic
    2010 Nomad 1700
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S
    Past Kentucky Chapter President
    National Vice President 2012

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"Map.jpg","src":"http:\/\/vulcanriders.us\/forum\/filedata\/fetch?filedataid=6849&type=full"**[/IMG2]

Comment

you right bob,,,that aint happnin

welcome to the group sandman...glad to have you here! Make sure you and the mrs check out the Rally Page....would love to see ya'll there

Holler if you need anything!!
      Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
      Bullock
      Former VRA USA National President
      Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
      Crestview, Florida
      2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
      (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

My husband got back into riding in 2000. I had never been in the front seat before, but had "way back when" ridden on the back seat a couple of times. I never really had an interest until...I started hearing this little black beauty of a Yamaha 650 Classic calling my name whenever I went with my husband to his dealer. I gave in to its call, bought it, took the course, got my license and never looked back. I had several Yamahas, a Honda (and even have a 72 Harley), but my 1600 Classic is my baby. Nothing rides like a Kaw! I would have to say, encourage your wife to try it, but don't push (women don't like that).

Comment

Working...
        X