Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new guy

Hello from an old "new" guy
    I am Old Soldier ride with and charter member of the Defenders .
    I have three bikes fovorite being my 1993 custom 1500A (not another like it) also have a 2002 soft tail custom and a Valkyrie that just has extra chrome I am a avid Scuba diver. 28 years in US Army CWO4 Chopper pilot
    52 months combat and a few scars.

Welcome, troop! At ease. And thank you for your service to our country. I'm glad to hear about your "favorite" ride. Where are you located?
    Only a biker understands why a dog hangs its head out of the car window!

VRA membership is free! Pass the word! Have all the say as before but at no cost! What a great plan.

Comment

Your "A" sure look a lot better than the 92 1500 "A" that I had for awhile. Burned up the cams, though lack of oil, so sold that and bought another Nomad, which has since been traded for the Concours that I now own, along with the 900 Custom.

Comment

new Guy

I live in Brunswick, Ga. where the riding is easy and year round.

Comment

Ahhh ... the sunny south-land. I'll bet you have a lot of great riding weather there. Things are great here for now. But the temps are beginning their turn towards autumn. If the caterpillars aren't lying this should be a long winter. I've seen 2 so far and there is NO dark fur on them. They're a tan/blond color from end to end. We've dodged the really cold spells and a lot of snow for the past 3 or 4 years. It's due to play catch up. I'm going to hold out as long as I can, but I think that once it hits we'll be down for the duration.

VRA membership is free! Pass the word! Have all the say as before but at no cost! What a great plan.

Comment

cold weather

I can relate have a son who lives in Appelton Wis . bikes go into hibernation there .

Comment

Yep! For me the seat comes off to be stored inside. The battery comes out and goes onto a tender. The oil gets changed for storage and stabilizer goes in the fuel. My baby sits out in the shed until warm weather and the ice and packed snow disappears. Winter is the time for buying chrome bits, painting other pieces and any odd dress-up work. Get ready to put things back on in the spring for the first ride of the year.

Comment

Year round riding weather is one of the few things I miss about Florida.

We were pretty lucky this past winter. I think the longest I went without riding was 3 or 4 weeks.

I'll take a 38+ degree day with clear roads any day during the winter. Even if it's just for a quick 35 mile ride.

Comment

I am somewhat firmular with your area, my wife comes from a small town in south east Pa. Columbia near York

Comment

That's only 1/2 hour away from Harisburg. A nice side road leads down that way, Rt. 441, past 3 Mile Island and Chiques Hill. It's a nice little town and has a bit of a historic appearance with old brick houses and buildings. I think it's the home of Wilton-Armatel, the pewter makers. Stop up and visit sometime.

Comment

Working...
                    X