Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Rider and New Member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Rider and New Member

Hi, I'm Ed and I just started riding. I bought my first bike, a 2003 Vulcan 750 about 4 weeks ago. I know it's late in the season to be buying a bike but it was a deal I couldn't refuse. My Vulcan only had 640 miles at a really great price.
    I drive 18 wheels during the week and I'm looking forward to getting a little closer to the ground and feeling the wind in my face when spring rolls around. Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and say hi. Safe riding everyone!
    18 Wheels to 2 Wheels, What a Ride!:hb

Re: New Rider and New Member

Welcome aboard BigEddie....where ya from?

Aloha

Derry
    Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
    Bullock
    Former VRA USA National President
    Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
    Crestview, Florida
    2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
    (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

Eddie, Welcome to the VRA. Like Bull asked, where are you located? From the sounds of it you're from up north. I feel the pain as far as waiting until spring. I hate to wish my life away, but .... is it here yet!?
      Only a biker understands why a dog hangs its head out of the car window!

VRA membership is free! Pass the word! Have all the say as before but at no cost! What a great plan.

Comment

Thanks Guys, I'm from the little hole in the wall town of Valatie, NY. About 20 mile southeast of Albany and 45 minutes to an hour from Americade Country (Lake George, NY). As far as Spring goes, I've been asking that same question myelf.

Comment

Welcome aboard. The 750 was my first Vulcan, and I really enjoyed it. Since it was Summer in Iowa, I put a lot of miles on it for the 3 months that it was mine.
          Made the mistake of walking into the local Kaw shop and saw the green/green Nomad and had to trade the 750 in on that. Especially since the dealer gave me as much on trade in as I'd paid for the 750.

Comment

Thanks Fly. Spring better get here quick or I'm gonna put tire chains on it! lol

Comment

A belated welcome, but I've worked in teh Albany area a few times over the last year or so and really have enjoyed the area. Nice rides to be had

Comment

Thanks Heff, I'm dying for spring to get here so I can take a scenic ride thru the Heldebergs and Adirondacks. Awesome view from Thatcher Park in the Heldeberg Mountains.

Comment

BigE,

How close to Utica is that, I have on occassion to roam up that way...

Aloha

Derry
                  Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
                  Bullock
                  Former VRA USA National President
                  Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
                  Crestview, Florida
                  2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
                  (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

I'm about an hour and a half southeast of Utica. I'm 20 minutes from Albany. 10 min. off exit B1 of the Berkshire Spur.

Comment

Welcome Eddie;

Gee someone a bit closer to my neck of the woods. I am in central Maine. I know what you are talking about with the spring riding. It usually starts around the middle to end of May here. A bit earlier if we get rain to clear the roads and warm enough weather. The biggest problem with earlier ridding around April to May is all the sand on the roads. Might as well be riding sand dunes or dirt track racing with a cruiser. For the winter season I have 2 snowmobiles to occupy my time.

I myself have 2 750's, a 93' customized and a newly aquired 01' not yet modified.

I go through your neck of the woods on my way to my buddies place in Elmyra NY. I go through Albany from Vermont Rte. 9 to get to I-88. Might be going through there in July on a trip out. I'll let you know and maybe we could meet up somewhere. You could keep me company on the long ride to Bingamton. LOL
                      sigpic
                      Keep the shiny side up and the rubber side down.
                      Lewis Estes
                      Independent rider Central Maine

Comment

Working...
                      X