Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking to start a SW Washington/NW Oregon Chapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doobie
    replied
    Originally posted by 750 Chris View Post
    Doobie, where, in this forum, would you be writing inputs/information etc about club activities? Since I'm out of the Facebook scene (apparently) I'd like to come to a given spot to read up on things.
    Ok Chris, so here's where I'll try to post that info for people who can't do the Facebook thing. The 1-22 sub forum should fit our needs.

http://vulcanriders.us/forum/forum/v...mbia-river-vra

Leave a comment:

• Doobie
    replied
    Doobie, where, in this forum, would you be writing inputs/information etc about club activities? Since I'm out of the Facebook scene (apparently) I'd like to come to a given spot to read up on things.
    We'll probably try to start a website just for the CRVR. On the list of things to do.

Leave a comment:

• 750 Chris
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Doobie
    replied
    That sucks. Sorry bud.

Leave a comment:

• 750 Chris
    replied
    This morning Facebook tells me that my account is dis-abled and gave me the chance to tell them if I think this is done in error.

Yep, I explained it to them AND took the opportunity to speak of my first account problems (They claim they sent, several times, a code that I needed to input back to them yet no such code has been sent to my phone. A phone that they DO have the correct number for.)

We'll see what happens now but as of now I am still off the air Facebook-wise.

Leave a comment:

• 750 Chris
    replied
    And again Facebook may be screwing with me! I did get to use it some and interact some with folks in the club but, again, Facebook declares that I need to increase the security of the account. They specifically wanted a picture of me with a clear shot of my face to compare with what I had used in the account. They stated that it may take a while for their facial recognition software to compare the two pictures so that they'd know that it would be me if I made any changes to the account at a later date.
    Well, in the first place I didn't use a face picture in the account but used one of my bike in my driveway. So I sent them the exact same pic so they could compare the two.
    In the second place, I don't have any pictures of me at all, anyway.
    So apparently this is messing up their facial recognition efforts because there's no face given to recognize. Their current reply to me is that they're basically still trying to get it to work and that I cannot use Facebook in the meantime. Only time will tell if they can figure this out but I am not inclined to have faith in the matter.
    I have a feeling that the people there cannot believe that not everybody has a smartphone and not everybody is prone to taking selfies. That's beyond their understanding.
    I really do dis-like Facebook.

Leave a comment:

• Doobie
    replied
    Well, I gave up on my original Facebook account and made another one so I am now officially joined into the club.
    Welcome. The more the merrier.

Leave a comment:

• 750 Chris
    replied
    Well, I gave up on my original Facebook account and made another one so I am now officially joined into the club.

Leave a comment:

• 750 Chris
    replied
    Actually. no. The farther away from that northern traffic the better. There's nothing north of SeaTac that I care about visiting. I'd rather ride south (and then off to wherever a given ride goes) than north.
    I had looked into that group sometime within the past year. Looks like a good bunch of folks but they're just in the wrong place for me. They looked good but I'd rather move around places with a bit less civilization.

Leave a comment:

• Doobie
    replied
    No. I'm in the Fredrickson/Spanaway area in Washington. That's about 2 to 2.5 hrs north.
    I can meetup for summer rides but not for meetings.
    Then the group you want us there Pacific NW Vulcan Riders out of Lynnwood/Everett. Great group of guys. I used to be the VP for that group. Outstanding chapter.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/344773008980062/

Leave a comment:

• 750 Chris
    replied
    No. I'm in the Fredrickson/Spanaway area in Washington. That's about 2 to 2.5 hrs north.
    I can meetup for summer rides but not for meetings.

Leave a comment:

• Doobie
    replied
    Oh wait, you're talking about Oregon.
    You are in Portland, right?

Leave a comment:

• 750 Chris
    replied
    Oh wait, you're talking about Oregon.

Leave a comment:

• 750 Chris
    replied
    Ok, I have been looking at my Washington state maps. I have two of them. On neither map is a town called Goble. For that matter, neither have a town called Beaverton. And to top it off, I cannot find a Hwy 30 anywhere.
    Give me some more hints...…….

Leave a comment:

• Doobie
    replied
    I wouldn't mind joining in. I created a Facebook account so as to keep in contact and even requested to join. But now Facebook refuses to let me get back online. I can sign-in but it immediately goes to a screen saying that I need to input my mobile phone number so they can send me a six-digit code to use to secure the account. However at that point, not matter what format I input the number, it won't accept it. So I'm screwed.
    I greatly dis-like Facebook.
    Is there some other way I can do this?
    Chris. The easiest way to do this is to meet up with us on Thursday at 6pm at the Goble Tavern in Goble. It is on Hwy 30 in between St Helens and Rainier.

I work in Beaverton and usually go straight from work to the Goble on Thursdays. If you'd like to ride over the hill with me, that'd be great.

Shoot me a text 215-990-9534.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X