Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ERC Course

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ERC Course

Took MSF Experienced Rider Course yesterday. It was a good course.

We started with some bookwork...relatively tame stuff...then onto the riding.

Ran several drills and practiced. Turns and stops. Amazing how you relearn your bike. Last MSF course (Basic Riders Course) I took was in 1984 and on a MUCH smaller bike than the Nomad.

Anyhow, left turns, right turns, emergency braking/shifting, cones, over a 2x4 and "the box" where you ride left and right turns inside a 20' box...

Was good to practice all these things...I am actually sore today from all the riding/dismounting/mounting/riding yesterday....

Feel pretty good about the course.

HIGHLY recommend that if you have this course available in your area and can afford it - take it.

oh yea - I aced the course
    Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
    Bullock
    Former VRA USA National President
    Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
    Crestview, Florida
    2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
    (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Re: ERC Course

ERC has been on my radar for a while. Just never get around to it. My MSF course was on a Rebel 250 in August of '08 and I wouldn't be riding without it. ERC can only make it better.
    mikewithabike
    Listen to my music HERE
    VROC #29972
    Killing bugs... one at a time
    2012 Vulcan Nomad 1700 - Mine 09/13
    http://www.reverbnation.com/mikehaley

Comment

.....Of course, now after doing some research I find the majority of people describe the ERC nothing more than the BRC with your own bike. I still find that of interest at $80 to $100 here in Charlotte, depending on whether one attends the local Community College or takes the HD Riders Edge Advanced course. But as I read many, and even most, pointed out the far more expensive Lee Parks Total Control course. At $300 clams that's out of my range.
      mikewithabike
      Listen to my music HERE
      VROC #29972
      Killing bugs... one at a time
      2012 Vulcan Nomad 1700 - Mine 09/13
      http://www.reverbnation.com/mikehaley

Comment

there is a lot of similarity to the BRC...and using your own bike (mine 800 lbs) makes a huge differnce vers using a Honda rebel 250. Definitely is a refresher course.

It really allowed me to try a few things with the bike that I haven't before...turning inside the box is an example....it really makes you concentrate on looking where you want to go versus where you are at in the turn.....
        Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
        Bullock
        Former VRA USA National President
        Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
        Crestview, Florida
        2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
        (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

Woot, Congrats on acing it.

Something else as a chapter that someone can do is take the same course and make a day of it with your chapter doing the very same things at a local place where you have the room.

We have two Ride Like a Pro sessions planned with our chapter this year, one intermediate and one advanced.
          Debi
          Former President 10 Years
          Kentucky Vulcan Riders 1-12
          Spyder Ryder in 2021!

Comment

Working...
          X