Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With Riding Season Upon Us!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With Riding Season Upon Us!

Below you will find a link that will let you fill out a medical identification card to carry in your wallet and another in your fork bag or saddle bags. I carry one in my wallet, one in my fork bag and another in my saddle bag. Attach one to your insurance and registration card, the more you have the better chance you have of it being seen.

Should you be knocked out and unable to dial, when someone stops and calls 911 they are going to look for identification and/or a highway patrol will look normally in your fork bag /wallet/saddle bag for your insurance and registration, etc, however should you be incapacitated and unable to give them the information they should be able to find a copy.

I keep a copy of my registration, insurance card and this little card in a zip lock bag in my fork bags or on my person during all rides. Reason for the zip lock it keeps everything dry in rain. You could also laminate it.

I printed out my card listed several numbers and then also wrote a few things on the back, enlarged it a few times and tucked it in the zip lock. It may save your life.

Doesn't hurt to give a copy to your doctor, hospital and family.

Here's the link: http://www.medids.com/free-id.php
    Debi
    Former President 10 Years
    Kentucky Vulcan Riders 1-12
    Spyder Ryder in 2021!

Re: With Riding Season Upon Us!

Thats a good idea. I will make my own though.
    Albie Salsburg (1700 Rider)
    2009 Vulcan Voyager
    V&H Slipons
    Thunder MFG Air Kit
    "Ivan's Re-Flash"

Comment

Not a bad idea. I am a FF and personally like to use the ICE phone book entry. ICE stands for "In Case of Emergency" and on mine has my wifes phone, email and Nextel ID. Ive had to use this more than once on emergency scenes to get patient history for unresponsive patients. Always carry your cell inside your gear, not in a saddlebag, so its with you if you are seperated from your bike. Wear a medic Alert bracelet if you have a medical condition we might need to know about. Above all, Drive Safe and Avoid Accidents.

Comment

got the ICS in the phone and will use the template..thanks Debi
        Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
        Bullock
        Former VRA USA National President
        Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
        Crestview, Florida
        2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
        (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

Very Welcome, you can actually create one in a spreadsheet and print out blanks to pass around in your chapter, not a bad thing for the ride leader to have a copy of.
          Debi
          Former President 10 Years
          Kentucky Vulcan Riders 1-12
          Spyder Ryder in 2021!

Comment

Working...
          X