Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why it is important to wear gear...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why it is important to wear gear...

You never know when it is going to happen.
    '18 Road Glide Special, '18 Moto Guzzi V7III Carbon, '75 KT250 Trials.

Re: Why it is important to wear gear...

owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww............
    Aloha

Derry ~DaBull~
    Bullock
    Former VRA USA National President
    Former NW Florida Chapter 1-6 President
    Crestview, Florida
    2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700
    (Previous 2005 Vulcan Nomad 1600)

~If you fool with Da Bull...You're gonna get the Horn

Comment

ouch that had to hurt
      Scottyg09900C 2009 Vulcan 900 Custom
      sigpic
      DENVER VULCAN RIDERS

Comment

I should look at this every day. I know it we all should wear gear but man does it get hot. I have a Joe Rocket jacket that I really like. But even with the vents open, I slowly roast.

Better hot than leaving part of me in the asphalt huh? Looks like he came in too fast and had to lean in more halfway thru. That bites. (No pun intended)
        Christian - Vermont -
        sigpic
        "Watch out, you might get what you're after."

Comment

Originally posted by twowheeladdict View Post

You never know when it is going to happen.
          came in too "hot" got to far over [see scrape mark] lifted the tires off the ground .... insatant crash... hope they are ok did not go far down the pavement less road rash.?? ggale
          Glenn Gale, President 1-26

Comment

I don't think those apes help in control either. I'll bet she's pissed at him.
            mikewithabike
            Listen to my music HERE
            VROC #29972
            Killing bugs... one at a time
            2012 Vulcan Nomad 1700 - Mine 09/13
            http://www.reverbnation.com/mikehaley

Comment

You would be amazed at how much control is in those apes. I love my 16" apes, and wouldn't trade them for stock any day. More comfort and control for me.

Comment

But they do take some getting used to at first, i learned that only having 10's but now, its just like before except I'm more comfertable as well
                Scottyg09900C 2009 Vulcan 900 Custom
                sigpic
                DENVER VULCAN RIDERS

Comment

I see and understand your point. I always wear a helmet, boots and gloves. Usually a jacket that I can tolerate in the warm weather. That being said, I see the sportbike guys in more armor than Lancelot. I just do not know how they stand it. I would have heat stroke in no time.

I have been down twice. Never hurt. I have repect for the potential danger but, I have to have some measure of comfort. I guess that is way spring and fall are when I like to ride.
                  Found out that retirement involves working full time while still being under employed.

I've been Obamanated!
                  I'll retire yet.........the undertaker said so.

Comment

Originally posted by Bignastie View Post
                    You would be amazed at how much control is in those apes. I love my 16" apes, and wouldn't trade them for stock any day. More comfort and control for me.
                    Leave it to Jason to brag about his 16"!!!
                    Steven "Jester" Carr
                    President
                    Northwest Ohio VRA
                    Chapter 1-19
                    Napoleon, Ohio
                    2009 Vulcan 1700 Nomad
                    VROC #31961

Comment

Originally posted by Gunman1104 View Post
                      I see and understand your point. I always wear a helmet, boots and gloves. Usually a jacket that I can tolerate in the warm weather. That being said, I see the sportbike guys in more armor than Lancelot. I just do not know how they stand it. I would have heat stroke in no time.

I have been down twice. Never hurt. I have repect for the potential danger but, I have to have some measure of comfort. I guess that is way spring and fall are when I like to ride.
                      I wore perforated leather jacket and pants when riding my sportbike. It was actually comfortable until you stopped. Wear wicking garments underneath the leathers. I found the leather to actually be more comfortable than textile gear because the leather would absorb moisture and the textile gear does not.

On the cruisers I am comfortable in an open mesh jacket as long as there is wind hitting me. The Voyager only gets ridden in the summertime when my wife is with me.

How much gear you wear is a personal choice. Sometimes I wish I could be free in the wind but for me knowing something is dangerous and not taking advantage of the tools to reduce risk would make me feel kinda foolish if something happened. Every week during the summer months someone drowns in our local waters. Everytime they find that wearing a life jacket would have prevented the drowning. Seems senseless to me to not wear a life jacket when on the water.
                      '18 Road Glide Special, '18 Moto Guzzi V7III Carbon, '75 KT250 Trials.

Comment

i figure the pro- riders wear them for a reason ---hot or not i'd rather mess up a jacket and chaps than my body.
                        "Hagar"

Comment

even on the hottest day I at least wear my jean jacket,i can wet it down and it keeps me cool for quite a while, road rash hurts!
                          ....im yer huckleberry

Comment

Working...
                          X